osap for third time ?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 10:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
2 posts

osap for third time ?

Hi, I had osap before twice ( first one was in 2011 for 1 year Network administrator program at Everest college and the second time was in 2014 for 6 months at Trios college ) I finished both courses and graduated but unfortunately I couldn't find any job in the field, so now I'm in repayment assistance since I don't make enough income to repay my osap.

Now I'm taking my high school credits in Ontario to get my grade 12 diploma and planning to go to Mohawk college.

My question is will be able to get osap for third time or there's a restrictions on how many times you get osap ?
5 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
20347 posts
1843 upvotes
If you keep the account in good standing and provide a valid reason then you should be fine?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13151 posts
1138 upvotes
OSAP really needs to cut off funding to the for-profit diploma mills. There's a reason you don't have a job and it's because you didn't to to Mohawk first.
Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
25824 posts
1417 upvotes
Winnipeg
Syne wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 1:58 pm
OSAP really needs to cut off funding to the for-profit diploma mills. There's a reason you don't have a job and it's because you didn't to to Mohawk first.
Who are you and what did you do to the real Syne? The real Syne would say osap should be free.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
2 posts
Syne wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 1:58 pm
Yeah I would except I didn't have Canadian high school education and when I asked Mohawk they made it sound impossible to do, while private colleges was open and give me numbers and how great they are and 100% hiring rate of their grads.
Sep 11, 2014
134 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Private colleges will do anything to get you to sign up including lying to you about their graduate employment rates because they desperately want money. So be very wary of them.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel