Students

Osap tips/advice/questions

May 22, 2012
110 posts
9 upvotes
anyone got their Ontario Student Opportunity Grant (OSOG) grant applied for the 2015-2016 year? I had my 2014-2015 OSOG grant applied Aug 20 last year thus I am getting a little worried.

Thanks

edit: I did graduate in May
Aug 29, 2016
88 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
dte227 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 9:54 pm
anyone got their Ontario Student Opportunity Grant (OSOG) grant applied for the 2015-2016 year? I had my 2014-2015 OSOG grant applied Aug 20 last year thus I am getting a little worried.

Thanks

Mine was applied at the same time last year as well..Havnt received mine either. I think it should be in soon.
May 22, 2012
110 posts
9 upvotes
dielan wrote:
Aug 31st, 2016 11:20 am
dte227 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks

Mine was applied at the same time last year as well..Havnt received mine either. I think it should be in soon.
thanks. Appreciate you lmk
Sep 9, 2016
26 posts
3 upvotes
I never applied to OSAP before and I want to apply for it to cover my MBA tution fees.Doea OSAP cover 80k for queen university tutiom fees espically that it is only 1 year program .Does the OSAP include the goverment loan to cover all the is amount ot this is a maximum amount for annual for mba and what is this amount so that I apply for 3 years MBA instead fo going to queen .
Jun 29, 2009
84 posts
I plan on applying for OSAP as a parent. Decided it was time to turn my old college diploma into a degree through Athabasca.

Just want to make sure I'm filling the asset section right. I've been putting away money for my childrens' education in their own savings accounts, their grandparents also contributed to their fund. Do I include that in the savings/other assets section? I have three kids, and there's quite a bit accumulated.
Aug 31, 2006
873 posts
23 upvotes
Anybody knows when OSAP sends their repayment package or whatever for people who have graduated? I thought I remembered hearing it was the beginning of Sept, I need to get on the RAP in time before they start snatching money from my account
Sep 20, 2016
1 posts
Hi There,

I finished my study on Aug. 31, 2016. My OSAP balance is about 51,000$ and estimated monthly payment is about 600$, which I can not afford to pay. I am married and have a contract position. Family income is about 5,000$ monthly. However given other bills and mortgage, actually nothing would left to go to OSAP.

I did talk to NSLC and I was advised that since you are getting paid above the cap you would not be qualified for "Repayment Assistant Program" and the affordable payment would be 580$!!!! only 20$ less than regular payment!!!!

It seems that personal reasonable costs would not be considered for the affordable payments. Would you please advise what should I do?

In addition, I have been overpaid during my study for about 3000$ and that is why OSOG was not applied in my case to reduce my annual debt to about 11,000$ any help in that regard too?

Thanks
Jul 14, 2009
313 posts
20 upvotes
Quick question here, is it true if you're above 23 and have recently started to go back to school, that OSAP doesn't need your parents income even though I'm still living with my parents?
May 22, 2012
110 posts
9 upvotes
mrdependent wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 6:04 pm
Quick question here, is it true if you're above 23 and have recently started to go back to school, that OSAP doesn't need your parents income even though I'm still living with my parents?
yes, as long as you've been 4 years out of highschool
Jul 14, 2009
313 posts
20 upvotes
dte227 wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 10:15 pm
mrdependent wrote:
Sep 24th, 2016 6:04 pm
yes, as long as you've been 4 years out of highschool
thanks, that will come handy for me now
Aug 16, 2015
13 posts
Ottawa, ON
I have not heard back from OSAP about the OSOG estimate. The osap website says it should be done in the fall.
Any update ?!!
May 22, 2012
110 posts
9 upvotes
inzo1811 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2016 10:53 pm
I have not heard back from OSAP about the OSOG estimate. The osap website says it should be done in the fall.
Any update ?!!

hey! Its suppose to happen in Nov. I talked to my school (Carleton), and they said OSAP will send National Loan Center the grant amount. If you already paid off your loan, the loan center should send you a check

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)