Students

Osap tips/advice/questions

Jul 11, 2017
10 posts
4 upvotes
cybercavalier wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 6:27 pm
If one change program in post secondary institution and hence lengthen his or her study, how will his or her osap be affected?
Well, I changed my program (From BAcc Bachelor of Accounting to BBA Bachelor of Business Admin) and so far nothing has changed for me, I will be going into my third year now under the BBA after completing two years of the BAcc. In my case, every course I have done carries over so there is very little catching up, hence not much extra if any time at all tacked onto my degree. My OSAP this coming year is much lower than it should be, so I'm not sure if it is caused by the change or the new system yet. I emailed my Student Aid office to get them to start looking into it, but I highly doubt a program change would affect OSAP, so long as you don't hit the lifetime maximum.
Aug 31, 2017
1 posts
Hi so I'm suppose to get $2860 in my bank after tuition but I only received $1000 would THE give me the rest after couple of days? This is just for the 60%
Sep 2, 2015
63 posts
11 upvotes
East York, ON
AnushanB257034 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 7:34 am
Hi so I'm suppose to get $2860 in my bank after tuition but I only received $1000 would THE give me the rest after couple of days? This is just for the 60%
sometimes it's split in two. check nslsc web site if they sent it.
Nov 14, 2010
10 posts
1 upvote
Canada
On OSAP, they split my grant into two:

1. Ontario Student Grant
2. Canada Student Grant for Full-Time Students

Right now, I only received the Canada Student Grant for Full-Time Students. Just wondering if I'll be receiving the Ontario Student Grant later or did they miss it?
Sep 6, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Hi.
I have a question regarding timing of OSAP deposits if anyone knows. My status says 'ready to be released' & expected dates of Sept 8-12. I start the 12th. Just wondering if anyone knows if it still takes longer than the estimated date & when it says 'ready to be released' does that mean it's going to be deposited in my bank account?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4089 posts
1846 upvotes
Edmonton
GTAman wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 4:29 pm
So as usual OSAP is delaying the release of my funds. This term, they claim that I'm "not maintaining satisfactory academic progress" despite being an A-average full-time student.

They are asking for a letter explain my "failures" and transcript so that they can make review before releasing any money.

What to do?

Thanks.
Did they give you a number to call, or anybody to communicate with? I'd start there...

Not sure if this will help:
http://osap.yorku.ca/academic-progress- ... igibility/
http://www1.uwindsor.ca/awards/osap-aca ... t-instance

But it appears that merely passing your classes may not be enough. No idea what would apply to your situation...

C
Jun 2, 2016
6 posts
Hello, I completed my first year of university the past school year. This year I am planning on taking Chang courses at Ryerson (different from previous university) and eventually looking to get accepted into their full time program. I am not eligible for OSAP fundin, so I am looking for a way to continue my studies without having my repayment starting again resulting in interest collecting on my loan.

Given my circumstances, would my application be approved for the Repayment Assistance Plan?
Sep 7, 2017
7 posts
Kayla1503 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 8:49 am
Hi.
I have a question regarding timing of OSAP deposits if anyone knows. My status says 'ready to be released' & expected dates of Sept 8-12. I start the 12th. Just wondering if anyone knows if it still takes longer than the estimated date & when it says 'ready to be released' does that mean it's going to be deposited in my bank account?
Have you gotten a reply to this anywhere? Mine says "Ready to be released" and is expected to be released between Sept 11-13. Today is Sept 8, has yours been released?
Sep 6, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
tomerayz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:46 pm
Have you gotten a reply to this anywhere? Mine says "Ready to be released" and is expected to be released between Sept 11-13. Today is Sept 8, has yours been released?
No I haven't got a response. Just a waiting game I guess
Sep 6, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
tomerayz wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 1:46 pm
No it still says ready to be released
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1963 posts
453 upvotes
Has anyone received his/her OSOG for 2016-2017 yet? My daughter (uottawa) is still waiting for hers so I was wondering if she should enquire about it or wait till end of the year
Sep 7, 2017
7 posts
Kayla1503 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 2:56 pm
No I haven't got a response. Just a waiting game I guess
Okay let us know if you end up getting it today since it's the last day you stated!
Sep 6, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
I just contacted them as I still haven't received the loan & they said that it could take 4-6 business days after school starts.
Sep 7, 2017
7 posts
Kayla1503 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:47 am
I just contacted them as I still haven't received the loan & they said that it could take 4-6 business days after school starts.
I see. Mine states Ready to Release between Sept 11-13. I checked my bank this morning and got two payments from them; one was the canada loan & the other was the canada grant. I'm just waiting for the Ontario grant now.
Sep 6, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Really? Good that urs came in right away! Wouldn't mind if mine came in lol!