Students

Osap tips/advice/questions

Sep 11, 2014
149 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
whatthechell wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 7:46 pm
Does the OSAP website say it has been released? Contact your financial aid office, otherwise have you checked your student account to make sure the funds weren't deposited direct?
Yes it says its been released however I never got a message from the nslsc. I also cannot contact them because all of their phone options don't allow me to speak with a live agent. I also checked my student account and it says I still owe the full amount so I have no idea whats going on. I'd also like to mention that I am a returning student. I graduated from a University for business a year ago and am now attending college for a tech program.
Sep 14, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Juggernaut1 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:26 pm
Yes it says its been released however I never got a message from the nslsc. I also cannot contact them because all of their phone options don't allow me to speak with a live agent. I also checked my student account and it says I still owe the full amount so I have no idea whats going on. I'd also like to mention that I am a returning student. I graduated from a University for business a year ago and am now attending college for a tech program.
The NSLSC is a bitch to get through to. If you select the option for "current student" and then select "change of address" you will be directed to a live agent. I've called 3 times in the last week and each time using the "change of address" prompt I've been put through within 2 mins. I also only got an email from them like 5 days AFTER my OSAP had been put in my account, so you may not get anything before that happens.
CJ
Sep 11, 2014
149 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
whatthechell wrote:
Sep 20th, 2017 5:33 pm
The NSLSC is a bitch to get through to. If you select the option for "current student" and then select "change of address" you will be directed to a live agent. I've called 3 times in the last week and each time using the "change of address" prompt I've been put through within 2 mins. I also only got an email from them like 5 days AFTER my OSAP had been put in my account, so you may not get anything before that happens.
Oh i see. It has been 7 days since my status changed to release so I'll trying using the method you mentioned in order to talk to them. Thanks.
Oct 5, 2017
1 posts
Sorry for the ignorance but is 25% interest of monthly repay normal?

Say, I'm repaying $100 monthly and they take ridiculous 25% of it and only $75 gets paid?
Oct 21, 2017
1 posts
Hi everyone, I recently checked my status on OSAP application for 2017/2018 that says 'Restricted' for significant income variance. I was going through this forum and saw some of you have faced the same situation. On the website, it doesn't fully describe what will be consequences or how I should deal with it but I do need the Osap in order to complete my last year. In additional information, they only mentioned that I will receive a package for further details. I am extremely concerned because usually when I fill out the Osap application, I go through my T4 and tax summary to put the numbers in. At this point, I am not sure what I have done wrong to receive such a restriction. Can anyone tell me how serious it is? and if there is any way of resolving it? Also what options usually what options do they give you? I do want to point out that this is my first time receiving such restriction. As far I recall, I have not gotten previous notice of anything on my OSAP application. If anyone faced the same situation please if you could share the best practice to resolve this issue. Thank you in advance.