• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2010 4:15 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 27, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote

Ottawa airport parking

I need to let my car for a week at Ottawa airport.
Which one of the parkings is less expensive there?

Thanks!
5 replies
Dec 22, 2008
41 posts
4 upvotes
Your best bets are either the airport's own long-term parking:

P4 - Long Term - Overheight (self serve)
P4 is within walking distance of the new passenger terminal building and is designed to be used for hourly, daily, or long term stays.
$2.00 per 15 minutes
$14.00 daily maximum per 24 hours
$65.00 weekly maximum

Or using the private park'n fly lot, for which you can always get a coupon online and which also gives you air canada aeroplan miles for each stay, if you're into collecting them:
http://www.parknfly.ca/ottawa/en/promotions.aspx

Basically, I find the park'n fly to be a bit less expensive but also a bit less convenient, since you need to take the shuttle to the terminal. The airport's own long-term parking facility is within walking distance. So if you choose park'n fly don't forget to build in a bit of extra time for the shuttle. Not a lot, mind you, since they go back and forth on a very regular basis.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
chantl01 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2010 5:35 pm
Your best bets are either the airport's own long-term parking:

P4 - Long Term - Overheight (self serve)
P4 is within walking distance of the new passenger terminal building and is designed to be used for hourly, daily, or long term stays.
$2.00 per 15 minutes
$14.00 daily maximum per 24 hours
$65.00 weekly maximum

Or using the private park'n fly lot, for which you can always get a coupon online and which also gives you air canada aeroplan miles for each stay, if you're into collecting them:
http://www.parknfly.ca/ottawa/en/promotions.aspx

Basically, I find the park'n fly to be a bit less expensive but also a bit less convenient, since you need to take the shuttle to the terminal. The airport's own long-term parking facility is within walking distance. So if you choose park'n fly don't forget to build in a bit of extra time for the shuttle. Not a lot, mind you, since they go back and forth on a very regular basis.

thank you
I will leave at 7am in the morning so not sure about the extra time for the shuttle.
I believed there is a parking like in Toronto where is only 35$+tx per week (right now) and there is a free train to the airport.
So no other parking spots close to Ottawa airport...
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4069 posts
139 upvotes
from where i live (downtown), the taxi fare to and from the airport ended up being cheaper than leaving a parked car

i'm not sure where you're coming from but that might be an option
Oct 20, 2004
594 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't be scared off of the Park and Fly because of the shuttle. The longest it has ever taken me from when I enter the lot to the airport is 10 minutes. There is usually a shuttle waiting for you by the time you are out of the car.

Since you are leaving early you could look into staying at the Holiday Inn or Hilton that are closeby with a rate that includes parking.
[OP]
Oct 27, 2008
60 posts
1 upvote
yaldaren wrote:
Jan 21st, 2010 4:15 am
Don't be scared off of the Park and Fly because of the shuttle. The longest it has ever taken me from when I enter the lot to the airport is 10 minutes. There is usually a shuttle waiting for you by the time you are out of the car.

Since you are leaving early you could look into staying at the Holiday Inn or Hilton that are closeby with a rate that includes parking.

I leave in Aylmer, too far for a taxi.
To close to consider the hotel (except if the hotel+parking is less than airport parking).

Thank you all.
× < >