Automotive

Ottawa Genesis Owners - Where to Service?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2019 6:14 pm
[OP]
Jun 5, 2012
122 posts
114 upvotes
NEPEAN

Ottawa Genesis Owners - Where to Service?

This is for anyone who would have a sound answer - but looking mainly at those that live around the Ottawa region that currently own a Genesis.

I've just purchased a Genesis G80 (used) - picked it up in Toronto. I understand that there's no Genesis Dealership in the OTT region, but many Hyundai Dealerships.

Looking to see whether ther's a consensus where I should take it to be serviced - those dealerships that may be more familiar with working on the Genesis lineup. I'm seeing the one on Hunt Club as the current choice but wanted to get some first-hand experience from those prior to me. Got to thinking about this question once I found out the under-body panels need to be removed in order to change the oil/trans fluid. I want someone experienced doing that as opposed to someone learning on the fly!

Much appreciate any feedback.
7 replies
Oct 3, 2017
147 posts
91 upvotes
I have NOT had good experiences with Pathway Hyundai in Orleans
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10355 posts
4996 upvotes
Toronto
Join one of them Hyundai forum clubs and there should be members who are in Ottawa as well, they can tell ya!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Dec 6, 2016
19 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 2:38 pm
Join one of them Hyundai forum clubs and there should be members who are in Ottawa as well, they can tell ya!
Agree with Cheapo-Findo. I have been loitering the Genesis forums (I am currently eyeing the G70), and found that the following forum is probably the only one that is more active.
https://genesisowners.com/genesis-forum ... orums.103/
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10890 posts
1169 upvotes
Mississauga
I thought for Genesis that they pick up your car in a glass box, leave another one with you, do the servicing and return the car back to you?

Genesis Owners
Dec 6, 2016
19 posts
9 upvotes
GTA
Talamasca wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 3:07 pm
I thought for Genesis that they pick up your car in a glass box, leave another one with you, do the servicing and return the car back to you?

Genesis Owners
The fine print for Genesis at Home Service: "The services are provided to customers within 50km(driving distance) to the closest Genesis distributor. Services are only offered in Canada. Some limitations apply. See an authorized Genesis distributor for complete details."
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10890 posts
1169 upvotes
Mississauga
FullMoonWolfie wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:48 pm
The fine print for Genesis at Home Service: "The services are provided to customers within 50km(driving distance) to the closest Genesis distributor. Services are only offered in Canada. Some limitations apply. See an authorized Genesis distributor for complete details."
Ah, I see. Imagine if you lived like 60km away from a distributor!