None
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5072 posts
2422 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
stack1 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 6:44 pm
There was a townhouse listed in Kanata estates a couple of weeks ago for $500000! It disappeared though, so I don't know if it sold or not. It was a 4 bdrm end unit, but I can't fathom getting that price. Although detached houses in Kanata estates are listing for 700-800k+ so who knows. There seems to be limited inventory around Kanata Lakes, so maybe that is pushing prices up.
Wow, most of the townhouses I've seen in Kanata Lakes are so outdated and in need of a complete overhaul.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2137 posts
273 upvotes
http://grapevine.ca/listing/49853#.Wnj5VCwo4b0

Based on the contact info or the 416 area code, this listing could be someone from Ottawa who moved to Toronto. But it is also possible that this listing is from a flipper from Toronto who is going for a $100k profit as I belief at the time of release, this model was listed for just under $400k.

Personally, if I am an out of town seller, rather than selling on a FSBO site and bother friends and families for showings, I would probably engage a realtor to handle the sales. OTOH, I suppose there are always people who wants to make money to the last penny.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9677 posts
3981 upvotes
Ottawa
William W wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 7:51 pm

Based on the contact info or the 416 area code, this listing could be someone from Ottawa who moved to Toronto. But it is also possible that this listing is from a flipper from Toronto who is going for a $100k profit as I belief at the time of release, this model was listed for just under $400k.

Personally, if I am an out of town seller, rather than selling on a FSBO site and bother friends and families for showings, I would probably engage a realtor to handle the sales. OTOH, I suppose there are always people who wants to make money to the last penny.
house is also for rent
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-rental/ot ... 1324464118

Might as well throw your fishing line in the water and try to make a quick 100k for a $249 grapevine listing while it’s vacant waiting for tenants. He knows it liekly won’t sell but on the odd chance it does there’s nothing wrong with trying to seperate a sucker from his money.

He’s not bothering any family and doesn’t need the last penny...trust me. ;)
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2137 posts
273 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:06 pm
house is also for rent
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-house-rental/ot ... 1324464118

Might as well throw your fishing line in the water and try to make a quick 100k for a $249 grapevine listing while it’s vacant waiting for tenants. He knows it liekly won’t sell but on the odd chance it does there’s nothing wrong with trying to seperate a sucker from his money.

He’s not bothering any family and doesn’t need the last penny...trust me. ;)
Always glad to hear from someone in the know. That's a pretty good strategy if a person doesn't have serious intention of selling as I suppose the 416 number may throw people off.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9677 posts
3981 upvotes
Ottawa
audiorichard wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:20 am
Here is the detail of the January sale:
snip
They need to do some sort of district realignment...these stats are pretty much useless for anyone. Then again they (OREB) need to keep people in the dark as much as possible to make themselves seem purposeful. Manor Park/Cardinal Glenn? Just imagine if Rockliffe Park was thrown into that mix or the Vanier mix? Carlington and Central Park? Beacon Hill North/South? Hunt Club/South Keys?

This being said, seperate them all and the numbers look quite different. Crystal Bay and Bayshore? IE Is CB pumping up the stats or is Bayshore lowering them? Huge difference.

It's like taking a Kia dealership next to a Lexus dealership and publishing the combined average sale price of cars...how the hell would that be useful to anyone on it's own without more info?
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Aug 14, 2007
324 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Cas77 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:44 am
They need to do some sort of district realignment...these stats are pretty much useless for anyone. Then again they (OREB) need to keep people in the dark as much as possible to make themselves seem purposeful. Manor Park/Cardinal Glenn? Just imagine if Rockliffe Park was thrown into that mix or the Vanier mix? Carlington and Central Park? Beacon Hill North/South? Hunt Club/South Keys?

This being said, seperate them all and the numbers look quite different. Crystal Bay and Bayshore? IE Is CB pumping up the stats or is Bayshore lowering them? Huge difference.

It's like taking a Kia dealership next to a Lexus dealership and publishing the combined average sale price of cars...how the hell would that be useful to anyone on it's own without more info?
I am totally agree with you. On the other hand, maybe they don't have enough sale in each area, so they somehow group them up together.

I think it is more useful if they provide a quarterly update for each smaller district realignment, so that we get enough sale in each smaller district.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2009
5072 posts
2422 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
William W wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 7:51 pm

Talk about unappealing. For all that money you get to live a couple feet away from your neighbour and with no yard (postage stamp).
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2904 posts
196 upvotes
Ottawa
audiorichard wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 10:20 am
Here is the detail of the January sale:

The house i purchased in 2016 is right beside place d'orleans shopping center ( 5 mins walk )

Would this be considered

Orleans / Convent Glen
Or
Orleans / Cumberland

Not originally from Ottawa So im not to sure
Last edited by ilusa on Feb 6th, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1240 posts
321 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
Chickinvic wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 11:53 am
Talk about unappealing. For all that money you get to live a couple feet away from your neighbour and with no yard (postage stamp).
Damn you for living in one of the hidden gems in Ottawa ( genuine jealousy haha). There are a few other good spots in the west end i know of (nanaimo dr, scissons rd, grandview rd)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2137 posts
273 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Which begs the question as to whether a similar square footage TH is of better value as singles are now pack so closely together.
Dec 4, 2016
641 posts
225 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Well, new condos in Kanata start at 280k and go up to 837k:
http://serenitykanata.ca/wp-content/upl ... e-List.pdf

Last time developers tried to buy condos, it didn't sell very well. Two the parkway seemed to be a flop, and the proposed one near it didn't get built. Seems like the builders haven't learned their lesson.
Dec 4, 2016
641 posts
225 upvotes
William W wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 12:44 pm
Which begs the question as to whether a similar square footage TH is of better value as singles are now pack so closely together.
Are singles in Ottawa packed really close together? Most singles seem to be 35 feet in lot width, which is nearly double the 20 feet width of towns. Even 30 feet lots are still 50% wider than towns.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3569 posts
515 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 1:23 pm
Are singles in Ottawa packed really close together? Most singles seem to be 35 feet in lot width, which is nearly double the 20 feet width of towns. Even 30 feet lots are still 50% wider than towns.
Most of the newly built "singles" are packed right in, especially ones built by Mattamy and Minto.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2904 posts
196 upvotes
Ottawa
ilusa wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 12:21 pm
The house i purchased in 2016 is right beside place d'orleans shopping center ( 5 mins walk )

Would this be considered

Orleans / Convent Glen
Or
Orleans / Cumberland

Not originally from Ottawa So im not to sure
Anyone ?
Hello

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Shank2008, Applesmack