• Jul 15th, 2018 9:56 am
[OP]
Dec 28, 2010
357 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario

[Ottawa to Toronto] : Calypso - Lost glasses

Hi,
I was visiting Calypso waterpark in Ottawa over Canada day weekend and lost my glasses there. Filed a lost report and now they called saying they have found my glasses.
Anybody coming from Ottawa to Toronto/Mississauga that can bring the glasses ? Or if anybody from Ottawa visiting Calypso can take the glasses from Lost & Found and mail me and I will pay the expenses for mail.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I already requested if they can send glasses by mail, while I will pay for courier but they told me they can't do that.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4605 posts
2471 upvotes
injuredcold wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:29 pm
Hi,
I was visiting Calypso waterpark in Ottawa over Canada day weekend and lost my glasses there. Filed a lost report and now they called saying they have found my glasses.
Anybody coming from Ottawa to Toronto/Mississauga that can bring the glasses ? Or if anybody from Ottawa visiting Calypso can take the glasses from Lost & Found and mail me and I will pay the expenses for mail.

I already requested if they can send glasses by mail, while I will pay for courier but they told me they can't do that.
Shoddy excuse...

OF COURSE THEY CAN DO IT

You set up an account for yourself with the Courier Co, and they do the pick up at wherever Calypso has said glasses

You may have to explain to the Courier Co though that the glasses need to packed appropriately by them on pick up

I’d start with UPS... these guys are great when it comes to special requests

BTW... for the record, Calypso started out in Eastern Ontario with such optimistic hope by those in the region... in reality they’ve been a HUGE disappointment. They are sitting on a gold mine, but Mgmt clearly doesn’t have a clue about the op they are running or Customer Service. So not surprised they are fluffing you off

Willfully Blind = https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... ion-argues
Fined $ 400,000 = https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... violations
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4951 posts
2312 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
injuredcold wrote:
Hi,

If you haven't come up with a solution, I can go pick them up for you on the weekend (I live in Ottawa). I'm not planning to go there really, but I would do it as a favour. Would I be able to gain admission to the lost and found without purchasing an admission do you know? You can message me if you'd like.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2010
357 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Chickinvic wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 5:19 pm
If you haven't come up with a solution, I can go pick them up for you on the weekend (I live in Ottawa). I'm not planning to go there really, but I would do it as a favour. Would I be able to gain admission to the lost and found without purchasing an admission do you know? You can message me if you'd like.
Thanks man, greatly appreciated. Even if I don't get my glasses, my faith in this forum and humanity is restored!
Let me call UPS and check if they can do it, otherwise I'll PM you.

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4951 posts
2312 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
injuredcold wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 6:30 pm
Thanks man, greatly appreciated. Even if I don't get my glasses, my faith in this forum and humanity is restored!
Let me call UPS and check if they can do it, otherwise I'll PM you.

Thanks again!
No problem at all. Don't hesitate to PM if needed.
Mar 13, 2018
412 posts
216 upvotes
injuredcold wrote:
Hi,

Ask on Reddit r/Ottawa
Jul 13, 2018
1 posts
Hey.

I live in Ottawa too, and am planning a trip to Calypso next week (21st July). If you didn't manage to sort out the glasses then feel free to PM me too.

Kam
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4951 posts
2312 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
We're you able to get them sent to you OP?
[OP]
Dec 28, 2010
357 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Chickinvic wrote:
Jul 14th, 2018 2:38 pm
We're you able to get them sent to you OP?
No I still haven't been able to find anybody. They do let you pick them up without buying a ticket.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4951 posts
2312 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
injuredcold wrote:
Jul 15th, 2018 9:48 am
No I still haven't been able to find anybody. They do let you pick them up without buying a ticket.
I would need you to PM me your details if you would like me to pick them up for you. Let me know. I have voice lessons this afternoon, but I would try to find time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)