• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2018 1:21 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
791 posts
323 upvotes

Out of Province Loopholes

Are out of province loophole deals generally allowed discussion on RFD?
8 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
29979 posts
5111 upvotes
Ottawa
What loopholes? Post and find out.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27958 posts
878 upvotes
Dildo, NL
generally...yes.
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
15083 posts
1856 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 7:14 am
What loopholes? Post and find out.
Probably stuff like those NCIX deals back in the day where we in Ontario could buy from BC and avoid paying the PST. I'd be interested in seeing more of those. They drive the economy, and are a large part of why NCIX got so big in the first place.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Oct 25, 2005
791 posts
323 upvotes
Well I know on other message board they have hissy fits when someone mentions signing up for a non province cell phone plan (eg get a MB plan then port an ON number over it)

But the same concept is applicable to other things as well
What reminded me was the main page ran a news item on seasons passes in Toronto area
https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-new ... n-toronto/

I had done in past but it got me wondering if it was kosher to discuss or not

EG
Why pay $160 for a Toronto ROM season pass, when you could purchase the same pass through mail Yukon Beringia for $25
The Yukon season pass is accepted at the ROM as well since both museums have a reciprocal agreement to each other (act YT plan is better since more children can be included in family unit)

And its not like you are scamming them; there are no provisions that say you must live in same province to purchase (to the contrary, many places eg Ottawa or ROM even go so far as to say if you live more than X KM from Museum you are entitled to an additional discount)

So was wondering we should start a thread about all the great deals for Museums, Parks, Art Galleries etc where buying a non local pass would be a far better value then shopping locally
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9131 posts
13537 upvotes
Scarborough
kav2001c wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 4:42 pm
And its not like you are scamming them; there are no provisions that say you must live in same province to purchase (to the contrary, many places eg Ottawa or ROM even go so far as to say if you live more than X KM from Museum you are entitled to an additional discount)

So was wondering we should start a thread about all the great deals for Museums, Parks, Art Galleries etc where buying a non local pass would be a far better value then shopping locally
The key phrase here is "not like you are scamming them". If the business/retailer has no rules against doing this then it's fair game to post about it on RFD. Not everything is black and white though so if you're unsure whether or a not a certain deal is ok to post or not you can message me to ask.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 27, 2003
8859 posts
1863 upvotes
Newmarket
kav2001c wrote:
Well I know on other message board they have hissy fits when someone mentions signing up for a non province cell phone plan (eg get a MB plan then port an ON number over it)
I believe that other message board has revised their rules. Not suggesting you post elsewhere, but just something I noticed.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
3579 posts
530 upvotes
Toronto
kav2001c wrote:

Actually in this specific instance, you're technically not supposed to make use of the reciprocal membership where you live (i.e. someone in Toronto using a Yukon membership to go to the ROM, or someone in Ottawa using one to go to the Canadian Museum of Nature etc.).

In order to benefit from the reciprocal membership agreement at a participating ANHMC institution, the consumer must live more than 150km from the institution they wish to visit. The front desk staff reserve the right to request proof of residence for the agreement to apply.

http://www.naturalhistorymuseums.ca/doc ... appa_e.pdf

Not suggesting that discussing it should be banned, just providing information.