Fashion & Beauty

Outdoor survival canada

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 9:32 pm
Dec 26, 2013
4 posts
95thRifles wrote:
Feb 18th, 2014 10:10 pm
JW is OSC cross the same as OSC o.o they seem to have various different styles as stated on there cross website.
They're the same company. CDN Spirit owns both of the brands. These jackets from OSC Cross are for warmer weather while OSC just offers winter parkas.
http://osccross.com/about/the-company/
Oct 22, 2012
11 posts
Toronto
Anyone know where can I buy Outdoor Survival Canada style [NUAJA] ,at a good price.
Please please let's me know if you know some shops.

Thank you!!
Jul 4, 2009
907 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga area
mikanmikan wrote:
Nov 12th, 2014 3:51 am
Anyone know where can I buy Outdoor Survival Canada style [NUAJA] ,at a good price.
Please please let's me know if you know some shops.

Thank you!!
I was at Le Baron Mississauga last week. The prices they have are less than MSRP.
Also, Pacific Mall has a store called Pacific Down City (located on the upper level), that sells OSC at less than MSRP, and I think they do a cash discount (no tax) as well.
Feb 12, 2008
123 posts
5 upvotes
I checked out the Camp Store,no models and/or sizes I want. Any other good deal?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11904 posts
1695 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
OSC is tailored to asian body frames not caucasian body build which sucks. It's def. not a loose fit like CG but snugly tight to the body. You should buy at least one size up versus regular jackets/parkas. I tried on a large which fits like M in CG (actually more like a small, wtf). I had to try on an XL to fit like a large (more like M in CG). Still felt too tight. Ugh... I told the sales rep (pacific mall down city) the fit is for asian body types. He said so, what's wrong with that?? I said nothing is wrong with that -- except you lose a lot of sales by limiting your market. Boom!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45214 posts
3686 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 21st, 2014 8:51 am
OSC is tailored to asian body frames not caucasian body build which sucks. It's def. not a loose fit like CG but snugly tight to the body. You should buy at least one size up versus regular jackets/parkas. I tried on a large which fits like M in CG (actually more like a small, wtf). I had to try on an XL to fit like a large (more like M in CG). Still felt too tight. Ugh... I told the sales rep (pacific mall down city) the fit is for asian body types. He said so, what's wrong with that?? I said nothing is wrong with that -- except you lose a lot of sales by limiting your market. Boom!
Are you a big boy? Be honest.
Feb 26, 2009
749 posts
122 upvotes
That shoulder badge is a bit too ostentatious to my liking.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11904 posts
1695 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 21st, 2014 9:13 am
Are you a big boy? Be honest.
LOL, I wear size L in jackets and parkas, all brands - except OSC. Another reason not to buy OSC they are only rated -30C. That is the same rating as EB superior down parka for half the price of OSC and a better fit. TEI5 CG parkas are rated min. -30C AND below which is why I have the resolute and skreslet parkas.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45214 posts
3686 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 21st, 2014 9:28 am
LOL, I wear size L in jackets and parkas, all brands - except OSC. Another reason not to buy OSC they are only rated -30C. That is the same rating as EB superior down parka for half the price of OSC and a better fit. TEI5 CG parkas are rated min. -30C AND below which is why I have the resolute and skreslet parkas.
You always rip CG but have one?
Dec 6, 2012
219 posts
46 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Another reason not to buy OSC they are only rated -30C.
That is incorrect. All OSC winter parkas are rated to -40.

They're also machine washable (less the fur trim), waterproof and windproof.

CG are water resistant and not windproof (just checked their website, and all mens and womens parkas are made of the "Arctic Tech" material). There are posts here on RFD asking where to get your CG dry-cleaned.

For the record, I own neither OSC nor CG at this point in time, but am looking to buy. So far, the temperature, water- and wind- proof ratings have me leaning toward OSC.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11904 posts
1695 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
jackiegreen wrote:
Nov 21st, 2014 4:32 pm
looking for a good deal
Only place you get any "deal" is pacific mall down city and oriental centre on sheppard. The stock is excess inventory from previous yrs models they couldnt sell. Anywhere from 2-4 yrs old. They are considered new because they are not used nor has anyone worn them in the street. They are legit as I have spoken to the VP of Marketing at OSC. She confirmed the latter 2 retailers are authorized dealers. Typical deal is 10% off first jacket, no tax. 2 jackets it's 30%, no tax. You may be able to bargain an extra 40-50 dollars off if you buy with cash for immediate sale. Typical prices are between $650-$800 range.

Example, coat is $700 price tag
-less 10% is $630, no tax. Only at these 2 locations.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2624 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Dude how many jackets do you have?