Outdoor survival canada

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 9:32 pm
Jan 8, 2010
136 posts
119 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2014 2:45 am
Only place you get any "deal" is pacific mall down city and oriental centre on sheppard. The stock is excess inventory from previous yrs models they couldnt sell. Anywhere from 2-4 yrs old. They are considered new because they are not used nor has anyone worn them in the street. They are legit as I have spoken to the VP of Marketing at OSC. She confirmed the latter 2 retailers are authorized dealers. Typical deal is 10% off first jacket, no tax. 2 jackets it's 20%, no tax. You may be able to bargain an extra 40-50 dollars off if you buy with cash for immediate sale. Typical prices are between $650-$800 range.

Example, coat is $700 price tag
-less 10% is $630, no tax. Only at these 2 locations.
There's a store in Stouffville called East 48 that has 25% off current year jackets. Too bad they have limited colors. I was there last weekend, so I'm not sure if the sale is still on.
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
5 upvotes
sunnysideup1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2014 4:05 pm
There's a store in Stouffville called East 48 that has 25% off current year jackets. Too bad they have limited colors. I was there last weekend, so I'm not sure if the sale is still on.
Too late,the deal has expired. I may check it out on BF. Did you see any black/navy women's parkas there?
Jan 8, 2010
136 posts
119 upvotes
jackiegreen wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2014 6:03 pm
Too late,the deal has expired. I may check
it out on BF. Did you see any black/navy women parker there?
Hm the sales tag had a date that said October 25, 2014 so I assumed it would be a long sale. They had the Karima and Nisto parkas in red and steel grey only.
Feb 12, 2008
120 posts
5 upvotes
sunnysideup1 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2014 6:10 pm
Hm the sales tag had a date that said October 25, 2014 so I assumed it would be a long sale. They had the Karima and Nisto parkas in red and steel grey only.
Thanks for the info.
Dec 6, 2014
9 posts
1 upvote
Westmount, QC
kittypink wrote:
Nov 13th, 2014 12:30 pm
I was at Le Baron Mississauga last week. The prices they have are less than MSRP.
Also, Pacific Mall has a store called Pacific Down City (located on the upper level), that sells OSC at less than MSRP, and I think they do a cash discount (no tax) as well.
I tried to place an order but the site won't let me select the color and size. I sent an email the store to ask for it. They told me the OSC are all sold out and won't get restocked anytime soon.
Aug 5, 2007
337 posts
45 upvotes
I heard that OSC jackets are very warm but are too hot to wear indoors (e.g. in a mall) - is that true?
Oct 19, 2005
380 posts
60 upvotes
hitek0007 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 9:15 pm
I heard that OSC jackets are very warm but are too hot to wear indoors (e.g. in a mall) - is that true?

Have you looked at what people working at the mall wear?
The person at the cash?
I'll give you a hint : it's not Canada Goose.

you can wear a T-shirt at a mall.
Why on earth would you wear a garment made for minus 20?

Of course it will be too warm.
Aug 5, 2007
337 posts
45 upvotes
snow wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 10:33 pm
The person at the cash?

Have you ever looked at what people shopping at the mall wear?

I'll give you a hint: it's the coat they came in with. People don't shop with their coat in their hand.

My question was basically asking if OSC coats are breathable and suitable for wear indoors after you enter from the external environment.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
snow wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 10:33 pm
The person at the cash?

:facepalm:
hitek0007 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 10:52 pm
Have you ever looked at what people shopping at the mall wear?

I'll give you a hint: it's the coat they came in with. People don't shop with their coat in their hand.

My question was basically asking if OSC coats are breathable and suitable for wear indoors after you enter from the external environment.

Saw an gentleman wearing an OSC parka today in the PATH, he has it unzip but not sure if he recently just got into the underground or been walking around for a while. I never worn an OSC coat yet but from CG experience, if the temp rating of OSC is accurate to -40, then I would say its too hot. I start to sweat at the arms within like 15-20mins of indoors walking in my expedition. I mention that I bought a PJ for the days I know I'll be more indoors as its much lighter to carry if needed and so far today I didn't feel that hot at eatons, but kept me warm enough for walking to work and home.

Good thing about OSC is that they have the straps for wearing your jacket like the Women CG line. Someone else can shred more light on the breath-ability.
Aug 5, 2007
337 posts
45 upvotes
95thRifles wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 12:35 am
:facepalm:

Saw an gentleman wearing an OSC parka today in the PATH, he has it unzip but not sure if he recently just got into the underground or been walking around for a while. I never worn an OSC coat yet but from CG experience, if the temp rating of OSC is accurate to -40, then I would say its too hot. I start to sweat at the arms within like 15-20mins of indoors walking in my expedition. I mention that I bought a PJ for the days I know I'll be more indoors as its much lighter to carry if needed and so far today I didn't feel that hot at eatons, but kept me warm enough for walking to work and home.

Good thing about OSC is that they have the straps for wearing your jacket like the Women CG line. Someone else can shred more light on the breath-ability.
thanks for your input! I appreciate it :)
Aug 5, 2008
138 posts
41 upvotes
hitek0007 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 9:15 pm
I have an OSC bomber (desna?) and I generally don't have a problem getting sweaty on my walk to work in the PATH (unzipped, about a 10 min walk, although I walk faster than most torontonians). That being said, I went to the Eaton Centre after work once (with the jacket on, still unzipped), walked around for ~25 mins and I was sweating by the end of it. Honestly think pace has a lot to do with it - you should be fine if you're just taking a leisurely stroll, but if you're walking quickly from store to store you'll start to feel the heat pretty quick.
Aug 5, 2007
337 posts
45 upvotes
j4y-T wrote:
Jan 5th, 2015 9:38 pm
I have an OSC bomber (desna?) and I generally don't have a problem getting sweaty on my walk to work in the PATH (unzipped, about a 10 min walk, although I walk faster than most torontonians). That being said, I went to the Eaton Centre after work once (with the jacket on, still unzipped), walked around for ~25 mins and I was sweating by the end of it. Honestly think pace has a lot to do with it - you should be fine if you're just taking a leisurely stroll, but if you're walking quickly from store to store you'll start to feel the heat pretty quick.
Thanks! That's exactly the information I was looking for. Cheers
Sep 15, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
great jacket its my first 'premium' coat. so cant say if its better then canada goose but im told it is? I got it as a gift so im not sure of the price but i saw on the tag its over 950 dollars so what are the 300 dollar versions like?
oh and you get really warm and start to get hot and sweaty after 20 minutes of wearing it around in the mall and since the jacket is so heavy you cant take it off to wear it so you have to sit down and take it off... i dont think ill be wearing this out shopping probably just to work and when i know ill be in the cold for a long time
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45109 posts
3660 upvotes
Toronto
d2girls wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 3:50 pm
great jacket its my first 'premium' coat. so cant say if its better then canada goose but im told it is? I got it as a gift so im not sure of the price but i saw on the tag its over 950 dollars so what are the 300 dollar versions like?
oh and you get really warm and start to get hot and sweaty after 20 minutes of wearing it around in the mall and since the jacket is so heavy you cant take it off to wear it so you have to sit down and take it off... i dont think ill be wearing this out shopping probably just to work and when i know ill be in the cold for a long time
OSC for over $950? Do you have the model name? Seems kind of high for OSC.