• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 9:32 pm
Sep 15, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 3:54 pm
OSC for over $950? Do you have the model name? Seems kind of high for OSC.
it does but it was given to me as a gift and the first couple of posts in this thread talk about the coat being less then 300 dollars... so yeah i myself am confused. i haven't actually been inside a retailer that sells osc, so i don't know the prices, maybe this sticker is what osc values it and the msrp is actually lower, i dunno tho.
Sep 15, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
i took a picture of the tag looks like its actually less then I thought!!!! still a hella lot after tax though. and this whole time I thought this was a knockoff which is why I never bothered to check the coat out or try it on. now that I've worn it I realize I should have realized how well made it is from the start l0l

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PSV3C2T.jpg[/IMG]
Sep 15, 2014
16 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
north by northwest sells it for 700... so why were the coats so much less a few years ago?
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
d2girls wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 7:29 pm
north by northwest sells it for 700... so why were the coats so much less a few years ago?
Massive Inflation? :P

That's a nice coat, can you tell me, is there only 1 interior mesh pocket or are their a couple more inside?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11516 posts
1517 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
OSC is so hot inside is because of the poor breathability of the material. Even if you wear CG snow mantra rated -70C is not as hot as OSC. Simply has better breathability.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Aug 5, 2008
138 posts
41 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
I think sticker prices were always inflated. I got my desna in 2012; price on the tag was $615 - definitely would not have purchased at that price.
d2girls wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 3:50 pm
great jacket its my first 'premium' coat. so cant say if its better then canada goose but im told it is? I got it as a gift so im not sure of the price but i saw on the tag its over 950 dollars so what are the 300 dollar versions like?
oh and you get really warm and start to get hot and sweaty after 20 minutes of wearing it around in the mall and since the jacket is so heavy you cant take it off to wear it so you have to sit down and take it off... i dont think ill be wearing this out shopping probably just to work and when i know ill be in the cold for a long time
I think the $300 ppl are talking about is when they got it with a discount (pmall maybe) or had some connections; not necessarily a model that was $300.
Dec 1, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
Yesterday I received my new OSC Massak Parka (supposedly 650 loft power, rated -40) and to me it does not feel it has enough down. I used to own a Canada Goose Expedition Parka (CG claims it's 625 loft power, rated -30, I believe) and it was way thicker and it felt like it had way more down. The OCG shell feels much better quality, and so does the finishing, I have to admit. Unfortunately the weather is not cold enough to test it. Did anybody compare CG Expedition Parka - not other CG parkas - with OCG Massak Parka? I feel this is the comparison that should be made, otherwise it's apples with oranges.
Oct 9, 2008
78 posts
1 upvote
Sailingthecity, where did you buy your OSC Parka?

Thanks,
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11516 posts
1517 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I dont know why peeps pay full price for OSC... Yall do realize pacific down city in Pac Mall and Oriental Centre on Sheppard sell the same thing for 20% off , no tax.. They are legit outlets. Even contacted the VP of OSC Marketing Ms. Chow and she verified that. Hmm.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 6:29 pm
I dont know why peeps pay full price for OSC... Yall do realize pacific down city in Pac Mall and Oriental Centre on Sheppard sell the same thing for 20% off , no tax.. They are legit outlets. Even contacted the VP of OSC Marketing Ms. Chow and she verified that. Hmm.
$440 for the Massak is pretty good price on that website.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11516 posts
1517 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
95thRifles wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 6:38 pm
$440 for the Massak is pretty good price on that website.
Is that a legit authorized dealer for OSC?? Reminds me of the half price CG site which obviously sells fakes... Tried going thru to do a pseudo sale and it stopped at address saying cannot ship to TO address. So did OP get the item shipped stateside then redirect to cda?? Weird...
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 6:42 pm
Is that a legit authorized dealer for OSC?? Reminds me of the half price CG site which obviously sells fakes... Tried going thru to do a pseudo sale and it stopped at address saying cannot ship to TO address. So did OP get the item shipped stateside then redirect to cda?? Weird...
Gotta wait for the OP then, even tho he is complaining about the down not being as full as he expected.

Edit:
Cabela’s
50 Concert Way
Barrie, Ontario
(705) 735-8900
WEBSITE

Listed on OSC website.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11516 posts
1517 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
95thRifles wrote:
Dec 5th, 2015 6:52 pm
Gotta wait for the OP then, even tho he is complaining about the down not being as full as he expected.

Edit:
Cabela’s
50 Concert Way
Barrie, Ontario
(705) 735-8900
WEBSITE

Listed on OSC website.
Coat is avail. on US site cabelas.com and they do not ship intl.

Link: https://www.cabelas.com/shop/checkout/s ... ions/check

Cannot Ship:
APO/FPO addresses
International addresses

These item(s) cannot be shipped to the address you specified.
Outdoor Survival Men's Canada Massak Parka
SIZE: XL | COLOR: ORCA BLACK | ITEM: IK - 985289
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11516 posts
1517 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Jimboski wrote:
OSC keeps raising their prices every freakin yr like CG... that's why.