Fashion & Apparel

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2016 2:58 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1985 posts
140 upvotes
mapleleaf27 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2012 11:25 pm
Thanks so much for these. The OSC fur looks especially impressive.

How does your fiance like his Atka? It's pricey but I've always liked it from afar.

No problem. He likes the coat and the fact that it's longer than his Chilliwack so on those cold days it keeps him warmer. I don't know if people know much bout osc sizing but it is definitely bigger than cg sizing. My Kensington is a small and Siku is XS. His Chilliwack is small and the Atka is XXS.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1879 posts
137 upvotes
girlstar wrote:
Jan 11th, 2012 10:52 pm
Fur Comparison

As requested, here are photos of my OSC Siku, CG Kensington and fiance's OSC Atka fur.

I didn't have enough time to do fit photos of my OSC. Hopefully on the weekend. And I'll write more about it.

I'm surprised that the fur looks that good. I've seen a few OSC parkas on the street, usually worn by older women, and they seemed to be oversized. Maybe the women just went with their usual clothing size because they assumed the jackets fit TTS instead of getting the size that fit them best. Maybe they just didn't care, lol.

I'd like to see fit pics of these jackets, especially a side-by-side comparison with CG ones. I wouldn't mind getting one as a 'beater' jacket. ;)

CGFA's CMFR Gormley parka review added to the OP.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1985 posts
140 upvotes
Noticed on cp24 earlier around noon the weather guy was wearing OSC.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2219 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 5:59 am
I'm seeing OSC quite a bit now.. Not a lot but here and there like Nobis jackets..

Same, seeing more OSC and Nobis. I actually see more Nobis jackets than Canada Goose jackets. Haven't seen anyone wear a CMFR yet and Moose Knuckle/Parajumper is pretty non existent outside of pmall. Seeing a lot of the new G2 North Face bomber as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9246 posts
644 upvotes
congeetime wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 11:36 am
Same, seeing more OSC and Nobis. I actually see more Nobis jackets than Canada Goose jackets. Haven't seen anyone wear a CMFR yet and Moose Knuckle/Parajumper is pretty non existent outside of pmall. Seeing a lot of the new G2 North Face bomber as well.

i got a feeling that A LOT of people who are buying CMFR/Nobis/OSC jackets are also owners of CG jackets.

I am one, I can name at least 5 people here who are in the same boat.

People at P-mall might not want to wear their CG jacket just so they don't look like everyone else there. ;) , not a bad place to wear your secondary jacket.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1686 posts
2 upvotes
Bought a CG Uncle Otis Constable Collaboration.

Will do a review of it soon, as well as a comparison of the fur's of it compared to my Harris Tweed Yuki Snorkel and to re-affirm my belief and a topic of discussion amongst members recently that the fur pelts of this year's collection are slightly more anorexic compared to previous seasons, and this fact even applies to limited edition collaboration ones :(

nevertheless...
Jan 21, 2011
166 posts
8 upvotes
Embolus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:12 pm

Will do a review of it soon, as well as a comparison of the fur's of it compared to my Harris Tweed Yuki Snorkel and to re-affirm my belief and a topic of discussion amongst members recently that the fur pelts of this year's collection are slightly more anorexic compared to previous seasons, and this fact even applies to limited edition collaboration ones :(

nevertheless...
Was interested in possibly getting one myself, did you buy it from Uncle Otis directly? How much did it run you, if you don't mind my asking? Congrats though, it's a nice jacket - better than the Japanese line imo - looks more substantial.

Edit: Also, how's the fit in comparison with the Yuki?
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1686 posts
2 upvotes
senchao wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:19 pm
Was interested in possibly getting one myself, did you buy it from Uncle Otis directly? How much did it run you, if you don't mind my asking? Congrats though, it's a nice jacket - better than the Japanese line imo - looks more substantial.

Edit: Also, how's the fit in comparison with the Yuki?

Hey Sen,

I actually bought it off Kijiji, I am surprised nobody here picked up on it/found it considering the person originally listed it I think beginning of January.

Original price is 750 + tax at Uncle Otis. I got it for $675. Person bought it end of September 2011, only worn it a few times, came with all tags, and original receipt, Carrying bag and Jacket. Jacket was practically in brand new condition based on my inspection.

The jacket is XS size, and compared to my XS Yuki, its definitely not as fitted, but not loose either, If I wanted to layer up a bit it would be fine, but a thick sweat shirt I dunno, they it may be too constricting for my preference. But the Uncle Otis collaboration is modern fit, compared to the regular constable which is regular fit, so the profile is slimmer overall. I'd say the XS fit similar to your small Yuki. So for me it's pretty perfect, since I wanted something slightly longer and a bit looser than my Tweed.

The details UO took when designing this jacket is superb, just top notch! Even compared to a Chateau or a regular Constable: From the pocket design, hood, gun metal zippers, removable fur on hood and wire attached underneath for shaping, too many to list etc....totally worth the price difference

Even though its the same 625 fill, I definitely would argue and agree with the other members here recently and say compared to my Tweed chilliwack, I'd trust the Chilly in colder weather by a few notches, but not by much.

I don't recall how a Chateau fit for me in comparison, but I will try one on next time I goto Le Baron/Sail.

I called UO today and they said next season they may come out with another collaboration with CG with the constable, so maybe you should wait until next season.

I have a feeling this jacket will get more mileage than my Tweed, just because of the versatility of it.

Always a tough decision which to choose from...Harris Tweed or UO Constable, haha :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9246 posts
644 upvotes
Embolus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:12 pm

nevertheless...

you mean MY Yuki jacket. ;)

Glad to see that you are now with longer parka. I went with Yatesy and now I am also wearing a Chateau.

I would like to know the difference between yours vs Chateau or yours vs Expedition.

Congrat again on the purchase.

I have to admit on thing tho. All Yuki have great furs.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
2219 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Embolus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:37 pm
Hey Sen,

I actually bought it off Kijiji, I am surprised nobody here picked up on it/found it considering the person originally listed it I think beginning of January.

Original price is 750 + tax at Uncle Otis. I got it for $675. Person bought it end of September 2011, only worn it a few times, came with all tags, and original receipt, Carrying bag and Jacket. Jacket was practically in brand new condition based on my inspection.

The jacket is XS size, and compared to my XS Yuki, its definitely not as fitted, but not loose either, If I wanted to layer up a bit it would be fine, but a thick sweat shirt I dunno, they it may be too constricting for my preference. But the Uncle Otis collaboration is modern fit, compared to the regular constable which is regular fit, so the profile is slimmer overall. I'd say the XS fit similar to your small Yuki. So for me it's pretty perfect, since I wanted something slightly longer and a bit looser than my Tweed.

The details UO took when designing this jacket is superb, just top notch! Even compared to a Chateau or a regular Constable: From the pocket design, hood, gun metal zippers, removable fur on hood and wire attached underneath for shaping, too many to list etc....totally worth the price difference

Even though its the same 625 fill, I definitely would argue and agree with the other members here recently and say compared to my Tweed chilliwack, I'd trust the Chilly in colder weather by a few notches, but not by much.

I don't recall how a Chateau fit for me in comparison, but I will try one on next time I goto Le Baron/Sail.

I called UO today and they said next season they may come out with another collaboration with CG with the constable, so maybe you should wait until next season.

I have a feeling this jacket will get more mileage than my Tweed, just because of the versatility of it.

Always a tough decision which to choose from...Harris Tweed or UO Constable, haha :lol:

Wow, got it at a great price. Always wanted that jacket but they sold out of my size before I could grab one :( Anywho, is the fur itself removable or do you have to take off the whole hoodie??
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1686 posts
2 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:49 pm
you mean MY Yuki jacket. ;)

Glad to see that you are now with longer parka. I went with Yatesy and now I am also wearing a Chateau.

I would like to know the difference between yours vs Chateau or yours vs Expedition.

Congrat again on the purchase.

I have to admit on thing tho. All Yuki have great furs.
Yeah, bomber's and longer parka's both have their pro's/cons and each one will get mileage just based on my mood/outfits/usage for that day.

Maybe we should just have a meet-up one day, no regular chilliwack's allowed, so that eliminates practically 95% of the users and CG wearer's in general, haha. :lol:

Oh without a doubt I agree that the special collaborations/Yuki CG's typically have great fur compared to the regular line-up. I was just referencing specifically the fullness/thickness of the fur pelts this year compared to previous years, at least my own observation.
congeetime wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:54 pm
Wow, got it at a great price. Always wanted that jacket but they sold out of my size before I could grab one :( Anywho, is the fur itself removable or do you have to take off the whole hoodie??
Seller wanted 750, negotiated $75 off, I can't argue given the mint condition of the jacket and all original tags/receipt, as well as the rarity of it, I'm not complaining considering the regular price of this, as well as the retail price of a regular Constable/Chateau

Hood is removable, and the fur is removable from the hood itself.

Again UO definitely thought of all the features to include in this collaboration, very well made and designed.
Jan 21, 2011
166 posts
8 upvotes
Embolus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 10:37 pm
Hey Sen,

Sounds just about perfect man, I would've grabbed it for that price if I could! And I agree, it's better looking and better built than all of the other longer CG jackets. The understated black logo is also a plus, getting tired of seeing the loud coloured logo around. All around a sick jacket and you got a great deal on it

And for sure, the UO is much more versatile, I was planning to get it for work downtown since the Yuki isn't formal enough haha.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9246 posts
644 upvotes
Embolus wrote:
Jan 15th, 2012 11:03 pm
Yeah, bomber's and longer parka's both have their pro's/cons and each one will get mileage just based on my mood/outfits/usage for that day.

Maybe we should just have a meet-up one day, no regular chilliwack's allowed, so that eliminates practically 95% of the users and CG wearer's in general, haha. :lol:

Oh without a doubt I agree that the special collaborations/Yuki CG's typically have great fur compared to the regular line-up. I was just referencing specifically the fullness/thickness of the fur pelts this year compared to previous years, at least my own observation.

Seller wanted 750, negotiated $75 off, I can't argue given the mint condition of the jacket and all original tags/receipt, as well as the rarity of it, I'm not complaining considering the regular price of this, as well as the retail price of a regular Constable/Chateau

Hood is removable, and the fur is removable from the hood itself.

Again UO definitely thought of all the features to include in this collaboration, very well made and designed.

lol, looking forward to your review. ;)
Jun 6, 2007
546 posts
29 upvotes
Here is my review of the north face mcmurdo

Jacket size is way off... I am 5.10 and a small was HUGE on me... way to much room in these things

The flipping hood does not stay on and there is no way to tighten it!!! with just a little wind it comes off.... for a 400 dollar jacket that is unacceptable

The fake fur is buttoned on and tends to not work either

There are no wrist cuffs that keep the cold in and to go ontop of that the velcro on the wrist is to loose and can not be done up tightly

all in all was very disappointed in the jacket and do not recommend it, way to heavy and the hood makes it useless... The North Face "stone sentinel" is a much better fit and has way better features
× < >