Fashion & Apparel

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2016 2:58 pm
May 28, 2012
655 posts
45 upvotes
Waterloo
In store or online? Thisis the best blk fur jacket imo (compared to cg ovo, mk gold, mackage dixon blk).
Where's the secret storenowthat you got one
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1427 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Thevolts.com
Sale ends soon. Flash sale site so be quick if you want one. Men's mostly s-xl, women's has xs-xl iirc. The exclusive is the best deal.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
So it's like BeyondTheRack where you need to be a member?

List of prices and selection, just for posterity is case we ever need to check up on prices? We had that CMFR $300 sample sale back a few months ago, which really set the bar nice and low. How does this TheVolts flash sale compare?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1427 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:03 am

List of prices and selection, just for posterity is case we ever need to check up on prices? We had that CMFR $300 sample sale back a few months ago, which really set the bar nice and low. How does this TheVolts flash sale compare?
Yep, membership.
Prices are higher than the sample sale but they have a decent selection and sizes. There might be another sale around February but that's unconfirmed. The volts is more that 50% off so still a really good deal. However you can risk waiting for the potential sale and save a bit more.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussyboi
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8858 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:03 am

Im totally new to TheVolts but i have been following them since they started, never bought anything...
It is a flash sale site like BTR
They mostly carry stuff for women

here is what they got on sale

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good Luck RFDers...

Buy Buy Buy!
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
Gormley for $436 (or even the sample sale price of $300) makes me want to hang myself. :lol:

Although it's not to my taste, the Exclusive Oxton certainly seems like the best bargain out of the whole selection. Go get 'em!

Thanks for posting the pic. :)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43354 posts
3061 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:06 am
Im totally new to TheVolts but i have been following them since they started, never bought anything...
It is a flash sale site like BTR
They mostly carry stuff for women

here is what they got on sale

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26 ... at120.png/]Image[/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nice, not upside down.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8858 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:16 am
Nice, not upside down.
fixed... to hot deals this goes
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
Originally it showed as right-side up here, now upside-down.

And it's right-side up in the Hot Deals thread you just made.

Curious and curiouser.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8858 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
The ORIGINAL was upside down then Jimboski Quoted it before i noticed the error and changed it to rightside up ;p
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
8858 posts
299 upvotes
Mississauga
Jan 23rd, 2013 12:40 am
How did it even get inverted in the first place? :lol:
it was the software i was using to block out some info... when i saved it inverted it... weird

I hope your right about the fit being TTS. Copped a S as per your advice, it should be fine but if not... guess it will go straight to the BST
RFD 33-0-0
Ebay 18-0-0
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4910 posts
753 upvotes
Only the debut season (2010-2011) were true to size. BananaWeed owns one of the yet-unnamed "unisex" bombers from that debut year. It's distinct in that it had a huge CMFR square-shaped logo patch on the arm. Seasons after this have the thin crescent moon emblem.

2011-2012 came around and CMFR expanded their product line to four items: Oxton men's bomber, Gormley men's parka, Roxborough women's bomber, and Avenue women's parka. I was interested in the Gormley and ordered a small, thinking it was still true to size and similar to the Moose Knuckles Stirling, where my size is also a small. After all, Mark Peros was a co-founder of Moose Knuckles, and you can see CMFR has Moose Knuckles DNA in its styling (four pockets, dedicated collar, non-tunnel hood). BananaWeed just got back from a window shopping trip where he confirmed that the 2011-2012 season CMFR jackets had sized up by one. In a small panic, I called the store where I ordered my Gormley and got them to downsize me by one, and fortunately it was correct.

I would imagine the current 2012-2013 releases fit similar to the previous year, now that the company seems to have worked out its initial growing pains and chugging forward more smoothly.
× < >