Fashion & Apparel

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2015 1:58 pm
Sep 14, 2005
600 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
When I tried it on I noticed CMFR fits smaller than CG and Nobis.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Well, CG has three typical cuts, but you knew this already. You're referring to which one, "slim insulated", "regular insulated", or "relaxed insulated"? Obviously a typical CMFR would fit smaller than an Expedition which is cut in the "relaxed insulated" style. What CG model are you using as a comparison point?

Even within Nobis, I'm all over the map. I need a small Cartel and Yatesy, but likely an XS Barry and Kato. Shame that the store where I tried on all four jackets last year didn't have anything smaller than a small Barry and Kato, so I'm purely speculating on my size for those two models.

Given that I fit a small Moose Knuckles Stirling, I expected a small CMFR Gormley to be identical. Nope. It was sized larger.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1421 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
I'd say CMFR still fits smaller than cg but not as small as the initial run. While a medium chilliwack is way too loose on me a 2011-2012 CMFR oxton still fits well enough to wear.

I wear the 2010-2011 oxton in S which is a bit tighter than the XS chilliwsck. The moose knuckle in s fits more like a xxs chilliwack for me.
5∞ Flickr

Fashion hurts pussboi
Apr 13, 2012
333 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 1:39 am
I'd say CMFR still fits smaller than cg but not as small as the initial run. While a medium chilliwack is way too loose on me a 2011-2012 CMFR oxton still fits well enough to wear.
i can attest to this...although i've never worn a chiliwack, from what i've read they fit even slightly larger than the nobis cartel (or they're similar), and the cartel definitely fits larger than the cmfr oxton...

i wear a medium in both and while the oxton fits very snug on me, like you said the cartel is quite loose, although to be honest i'm happy with it that way and think that a small would have fit even tighter than the medium oxton...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
rapsfan50 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 3:26 am
i can attest to this...although i've never worn a chiliwack, from what i've read they fit even slightly larger than the nobis cartel (or they're similar), and the cartel definitely fits larger than the cmfr oxton...

i wear a medium in both and while the oxton fits very snug on me, like you said the cartel is quite loose, although to be honest i'm happy with it that way and think that a small would have fit even tighter than the medium oxton...
Yes chilliwacks you have to size down so they fit bigger compared to a cartel of which is true to size iirc.
Sep 14, 2005
600 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
I tried on the bomber and noticed it just felt puffier than Chilliwack and Cartels so I had to move a size up. Maybe it was just me. One thing I noticed is that these things were crazy puffy and probably pretty warm.
One comment about this deal is im actually pretty surprised these black ones went on sale.
Dec 2, 2003
608 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Haven't had a chance to go through all the new threads since last year, but just wanted to update all

I own a 2012 Yatesy that I wore outside the past few nights (11:00pm) with a t-shirt and was toasty except the zip area did not feel as warm as the rest - I think was been between -20 to -25'C
I had to go for a second walk and changed to a thin long sleeve and this solved that issue immediately.

Anyone else report the zip area not feeling as warm?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Can't expect an area that isn't 100% covered with down filling to protect you as sufficiently as the absence of armpit zipper vents.

I take it you're not walking around waving your hands in the air like you just don't care, thereby exposing your underarms and non-insulated zipper track to the harsh conditions. ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2949 posts
134 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:57 am
Can't expect an area that isn't 100% covered with down filling to protect you as sufficiently as the absence of armpit zipper vents.

I take it you're not walking around waving your hands in the air like you just don't care, thereby exposing your underarms and non-insulated zipper track to the harsh conditions. ;)
Seriously..it's not full proof lol

Still need to wear gloves and long sleeves.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
2878 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
hmm interesed in picking upthe CMFR jacket too ....not sure about the sizing though
I tried on a Cartel once, the small fit fine but looked almost as big as my small North Face (which I feel is too big for me), the xsmall fit better around the body but was hard to zip up all the way (I was wearing a hoody though)

i'm about 5 foot 7.5 inches, 145 lbs, usually wear 36s on off the rack suits, 32 sleeve. never tried a CG on before. Would a small CMFR fit me?
Dec 2, 2003
608 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Jan 23rd, 2013 10:57 am

Nope, don't expect that obviously...
However, I have a jacket (not down parka) that has a storm flap over the arm pit vent which does help.
A nice feature I hope they incorporate in future models.

haha, you mean flapping my arms like a Duck or Goose?
No, not trying to fly... just walking like a nobody on the deserted cold streets wearing all black...........
Dec 2, 2003
608 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Rainne wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:00 am
Seriously..it's not full proof lol

Still need to wear gloves and long sleeves.
What?!
For the price paid it's still not 'full' proof!?
I was expecting to wear nothing, not even pants!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4904 posts
747 upvotes
Elusive wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:08 am
However, I have a jacket (not down parka) that has a storm flap over the arm pit vent which does help.
A nice feature I hope they incorporate in future models.
Looking at my Nobis Audrina, you're right, the zipper track is completely exposed.

I am only aware of one Canada Goose jacket that had armpit zipper vents, and it had a storm flap covering the outside of the zipper track, but it doesn't have the mesh lining on the inside like Nobis. It's the Earnest Sewn Chilliwack.

Elusive wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:09 am
What?!
For the price paid it's still not 'full' proof!?
I was expecting to wear nothing, not even pants!
:lol: Too funny! :)
Dec 2, 2003
608 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Jan 23rd, 2013 11:48 am
Looking at my Nobis Audrina, you're right, the zipper track is completely exposed.

I am only aware of one Canada Goose jacket that had armpit zipper vents, and it had a storm flap covering the outside of the zipper track, but it doesn't have the mesh lining on the inside like Nobis. It's the Earnest Sewn Chilliwack.

:lol: Too funny! :)
Kudos on the information and the pics!
Hmm... is wearing a female parka considered cross-dressing? lol...
Although, the model on the nobis site makes it look tom-boyish - no offense to Audrina owners, still a nice jacket!

First time I've seen the storm flap on any down jacket, I'd love to see that on the Nobis in addition to mesh.
Nice Limited edition Chilliwack, interesting fur color, hard to make out butlooks like the flap has some waterproofing liner as well, another plus.
Wonder why they have not introduced this into the rest of their line.
(Is this jacket supposed to look a bit 'linty' ?)

Lastly, I wonder what the intention of the mesh is (couldn't find anything on quick search over the net)... keeping in or keeping out....?
Still prefer mesh than without.
× < >