Fashion & Apparel

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 10th, 2015 1:58 pm
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
BananaWeed wrote:
Jan 21st, 2012 10:15 pm
She loves it. Maybe I'll try to take pics of her jacket when she's not using it and write a mini-review in her stead. It's kinda weird that we both have similar jackets (long black Nobis parkas), but whatever. :)

Take a pic of your fur, I'd like to see how Nobis' fur compares to other brands.
Yeah you should!

Yeah will do; Whenever I have time.
Sep 23, 2007
266 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
Ok maybe I'll keep Nobis on my list since many of you are still recommending it even though it's MIC. I'm not in a hurry so hoping for some sale at the end of the season on any of these coats.....although I know there's a slim chance...esp on the nobis. I've tried on the OSC at pac mall and yes I found it kinda bulky. Haven't been able to try cmfr as i live in Markham and dont know where they have it. That's why I said i like nobis the most...esp the magnet flap. Thanks again.
Jan 23, 2012
50 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
Was interested in the Yukon CG. Tried on a small, fits but a little bit tight. The medium gave me more room, but looks bulky on me. :facepalm:
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
s2DoubleU wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 3:17 pm
Was interested in the Yukon CG. Tried on a small, fits but a little bit tight. The medium gave me more room, but looks bulky on me. :facepalm:

Would love to know who has them in stock. Thanks.
Jan 23, 2012
50 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 3:53 pm
Would love to know who has them in stock. Thanks.

The Sporting Life I went to had them, but only two (the S and M) were out there for us to check it out, not sure about back stocks.
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
s2DoubleU wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 5:37 pm
The Sporting Life I went to had them, but only two (the S and M) were out there for us to check it out, not sure about back stocks.

Could you tell me what store specifically and what colors they had? I didn't even know they carried the Yukon (it's not on their site). Thanks so much!

(I just called the Yonge Street store and the women said they were sold out along with all their other locations. Are you talking about a men's Yukon bomber?)
Jan 23, 2012
50 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 6:10 pm
Could you tell me what store specifically and what colors they had? I didn't even know they carried the Yukon (it's not on their site). Thanks so much!

(I just called the Yonge Street store and the women said they were sold out along with all their other locations. Are you talking about a men's Yukon bomber?)

I went to the one at Sherway Gardens, and yes, men's Yukon, only had full black when i was there ynight.
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
s2DoubleU wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 7:49 pm
I went to the one at Sherway Gardens, and yes, men's Yukon, only had full black when i was there ynight.

WOW. What a bunch of liers they are. I called Sherway Gardens after Yonge Street and the guy was nice but told me that they had none left in their store and (supposedly) took a moment to look up their other stores inventories and proclaimed they were entirely sold out. Why this guy would lie to me is beyond me. Awful customer service.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2221 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 9:23 pm
WOW. What a bunch of liers they are. I called Sherway Gardens after Yonge Street and the guy was nice but told me that they had none left in their store and (supposedly) took a moment to look up their other stores inventories and proclaimed they were entirely sold out. Why this guy would lie to me is beyond me. Awful customer service.

Don't even bother calling Sporting Life for inventory checks on CG jackets. They out you on hold for 20mins only to have another sales person come back and ask what you wanted to check. Put on hold for another 10mins then tell you everything has been sold out. I inquired about CG jackets/vests back in Nov.
Jan 23, 2012
50 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 9:23 pm
I'm not surprised if it did sold out though, cause when I went, quite a few people were crowding over at the CG section cause of the 'supposedly' new stocks, despite the fact I went when they were an hour before closing too. I went to Yonge Street first but they got nothing, the Chilliwacks came only with an ugly colour of the size I wanted + all the others were either XL or XXXS. Til I went to Sherway and found the 2 Yukons (from your story, seems like the remaining 2 of the whole chain) just hanging there. PJS were 20% off there too, but heard it's doesn't keep people warm so I didn't even bother.
Jan 12, 2012
354 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks guys. Maybe they are sold out. I honestly think it's overpriced at retail. What I'm hoping for is to snag one end of season at a discount, but I seriously doubt that opportunity will arise.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43189 posts
3035 upvotes
Toronto
TheGZA wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 10:43 pm
Thanks guys. Maybe they are sold out. I honestly think it's overpriced at retail. What I'm hoping for is to snag one end of season at a discount, but I seriously doubt that opportunity will arise.

It's essentially regular price at retail and just cheaper because you can get It off eBay/Kijiji/RFD for much cheaper!
Jan 23, 2012
50 posts
1 upvote
SCARBOROUGH
Jimboski wrote:
Jan 24th, 2012 10:49 pm
It's essentially regular price at retail and just cheaper because you can get It off eBay/Kijiji/RFD for much cheaper!

It was regular price alright, did some math while I was trying the Yukon on and it was $700+....no discounts on CG at retail like always.
× < >