• May 11th, 2014 10:41 am
Tags:
None
Jun 23, 2011
659 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga

An outfit for an event host/organizer

Hi guys! I'm organizing an event and would like your input on what my outfit should be :cheesygri

I want to look:

- professional
- approachable
- appealing

I had a few ideas like:

- Fitted dress (ie Herve Leger) in beige with a black structured (shoulder pads?) cardigan (black stockings or beige stockings?)
- Black peplum top with a beige pencil skirt (black stockings or beige stockings?)
- Beige ruffle top with a high waist skirt (black stockings or beige stockings?)
- Black blazer and a purple silk blouse with high waist pants

TY IN ADVANCE :cry:
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6565 posts
2095 upvotes
Well the same dress can look totally different if worn by 2 females of different body shapes.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Rompers
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
[QUOTE]- Fitted dress (ie Herve Leger) in beige with a black structured (shoulder pads?) cardigan (black stockings or beige stockings?)[/QUOTE]

That sounds like you have a pretty specific dress in mind...you can't post a picture?

I would go with a dress/skirt because that can look more approachable. Other than that, you haven't given us much to work on.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
you seem to be wondering if you should go with black or beige (skin colour?) tights..........what shoes would you be wearing, i would say the tights would depend on the shoes
have no idea about the outfit...........hard to picture without the picture lol
Jun 23, 2011
659 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
- Fitted dress (ie Herve Leger) in beige with a black structured (shoulder pads?) cardigan (black stockings or beige stockings?)
[IMG]http://www.hervelegerobsessed.com/files ... -zebra.jpg[/IMG]

- Black peplum top with a beige pencil skirt (black stockings or beige stockings?)
[IMG]http://explife.express.com/wp-content/u ... v01_03.jpg[/IMG]

- Beige ruffle top with a high waist skirt (black stockings or beige stockings?)
[IMG]http://v2.sofashon.com/wordpress/wp-con ... blouse.jpg[/IMG]

- Black blazer and a purple silk blouse with high waist pants
[IMG]http://cristinahh.files.wordpress.com/2 ... s-2011.jpg[/IMG]

I'll buy 2 out of the 4 outfits that is the best then post actual modelling pictures to determine which one I should wear for the event.
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
Without knowing more details of the event, I would say 2nd and 3rd options are pretty versatile.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
Bellyhungry wrote: Without knowing more details of the event, I would say 2nd and 3rd options are pretty versatile.
Me too
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
Bellyhungry wrote: Without knowing more details of the event, I would say 2nd and 3rd options are pretty versatile.
2nd one
Jun 23, 2011
659 posts
28 upvotes
Mississauga
I actually like the 1st one the most because I feel like the 2nd one is showing too much skin but then again, it's going to be in July..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6135 posts
1981 upvotes
Scarborough
Wear what Kaci wore last year :D
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1301 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
you're wearing sleeveless, how the hell is that showing too much skin.

If we're discussing "showing skin"; I'd think a tube top is showing more than sleeveless, especially in the case of a cleavage with a necklace pointing straight towards it.

Get real :lol:

not feeling number 3; and not feeling the black/beige colour combo. It's summer, use your imagination.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
it really depends on the event

is it a book launch? swingers party? award gala?
Jan 30, 2008
316 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
You can't go wrong with the peplum top and pencil skirt combo, imo. I'd avoid anything super fitted like an Herve Leger dress since I'd be self conscious about the fit the whole time. :x

Also, you can look for a sleeved (short sleeved or 3/4 length) peplum top if you're concerned about showing too much skin.

No to black tights in July.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Pics of you in them.
hated on but respected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)