• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2008 2:16 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 30, 2005
958 posts
15 upvotes

Outlet malls - Dixie vs. Vaughan Mills

I'm looking for awesome deals on women's apparel and accessories.

Never been to either mall, so which mall would you recommend? Dixie Outlet Mall or Vaughan Mills.

Somebody told me I should go to Vaughan Mills at least once in my lifetime, lol.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
caliente wrote: Somebody told me I should go to Vaughan Mills at least once in my lifetime, lol.
That is true...
Dixie mall doens't really have alot, Vaughan Mills has EVERYTHING..
just depends on how far you want to travel
but yes.. go to vaughan mills
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Vaughn Mills is better, but it is a big rip-off. Any "Mills" outlet in the USA has way cheaper pricing. Vaughn Mills was supposed to bec just like the US versions, but the prices there are no better than if you went to a regular shopping centre. I buy in the US primarily because for what it costs to shop in Canada, I purchase a trip and the clothes with the same money.

I just got back from Las Vegas. Kenneth Cole shoes could be had for $60 instead of $200 here. Most of the shirts I buy are fromm Ross Dress for Less. I paid $8.95 each for G-unit, Liz Claiborne, Perry Ellis, Kenneth Cole, Calvin Klein shirts. $10 for leather belts from the same brands. $59 for Kenneth Cole watches that sell for $200+ at Vaughn Mills.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3467 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
We always find better deals at Dixie, maybe because it's smaller and we're very very lazy.

Vaughan Mills is an experience, but doesn't seem to have deals that are all that exciting. Having said that, if you are in to the bigger name fashions then Vaughan is probably better, if you want cheaper stuff, regardless of brands, then go to Dixie.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1092 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
In my mind, an outlet is a place that sells DECENT brand named clothes/electronics/etc at discount prices, like factory direct stuff, no middle man nonsense.
The outlets I've been to here in the GTA and surrounding areas while somewhat discounted, aren't worth the gas it takes to travel to them.

Major rip offs on crap I wouldn't touch with 5 foot poles. Every outlet has been a disappointment (I'm looking at you Vaughn Mills, Heartland Center, Brampton outlets, Sherway garden outlets) and I have been a victim of buyers remorse since I felt bad traveling so far and had to buy SOMETHING to justify the time I wasted searching for a tasteful article of clothing or electronic equipment.

**** them all I say, give me cross border shopping any day over the garbage available here in Ontario.
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.
Sep 22, 2008
4 posts
Well I have visited both malls and find that Vaughan mills is better, if we are only comparing dixie and vaughan mills. There are only a handful of stores that have really good deals tho, in most cases it is exactly like a regular mall, with the exception of stores like designer depot, holt renfrew last call (good deals here) and a few others.

Of course if you are looking for really good deals I always suggest orfus rd because you can get a lot for your money over there. Besides that you must surely visit vaughan mills just for the experience, it is huge and has lots of different stores to scope out.
Get the best instruments out there. Best information, best quality, and best prices. Don't put a limit on your creativity. Visit http://www.bestgiggear.com
Oct 26, 2006
682 posts
6 upvotes
DeimosBeros wrote: **** them all I say, give me cross border shopping any day over the garbage available here in Ontario.
+1
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2005
3377 posts
158 upvotes
Toronto
Vaughan Mills is an extreme ripoff. I guess thats because I am comparing the price to the US outlet malls (i.e. the last time I was in Florida, I pillaged Sawgrass Mills mall)
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
kingrukus wrote: Vaughan Mills is an extreme ripoff. I guess thats because I am comparing the price to the US outlet malls (i.e. the last time I was in Florida, I pillaged Sawgrass Mills mall)
ovs the states is cheaper V_V
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)