Outlook for Android Issue..

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 7:54 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3286 posts
1276 upvotes

Outlook for Android Issue..

I have been using the Outlook for Android app on my S7 Edge for quite a while fine up until yesterday when things got complicated. All of a sudden the app stopped syncing for some reason and a thousand attempts of fixing the issue has me stumped.

I have uninstalled/installed, cleared cache and data, etc, but when I go to add a Rogers email address to the account I get to the Rogers/Yahoo sign in screen and get no further after putting in our password, which is right.

Any ideas why I am now blocked? Running last Android OS.
7 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Could be an issue with the Rogers email server.

Also, have you tried adding your Rogers email account to the Gmail app? Works *mostly* well. Outlook is great for exchange email, but Gmail app should work with exchange now as well.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
titaniumtux wrote: Could be an issue with the Rogers email server.
It’s Yahoo. Rogers off loaded its email service to Yahoo 15 years ago.

The gmail app definitely works with Exchange.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3286 posts
1276 upvotes
Gee wrote: It’s Yahoo. Rogers off loaded its email service to Yahoo 15 years ago.

The gmail app definitely works with Exchange.
This has been working forever until yesterday which is weird..
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3286 posts
1276 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: Could be an issue with the Rogers email server.

Also, have you tried adding your Rogers email account to the Gmail app? Works *mostly* well. Outlook is great for exchange email, but Gmail app should work with exchange now as well.
Did that yes... playing around with a bunch of other clients to see what sticks
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
redsfan wrote: This has been working forever until yesterday which is weird..
Let's determine if it is Outlook or Yahoo

Do you have another email? Try accessing gmail with Outlook or Outlook.com email using the app. If it works, then you know it is Yahoo servers. If not, then it is probably the Outlook app
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3286 posts
1276 upvotes
Gee wrote: Let's determine if it is Outlook or Yahoo

Do you have another email? Try accessing gmail with Outlook or Outlook.com email using the app. If it works, then you know it is Yahoo servers. If not, then it is probably the Outlook app
Tried adding a gmail account as well with no luck...stuck on authenticating. Using 2 other mail apps no issues for my rogers or gmail account.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
redsfan wrote: Tried adding a gmail account as well with no luck...stuck on authenticating. Using 2 other mail apps no issues for my rogers or gmail account.
Definitely Outlook. Wait for an update. I’m sure you’re not the only one with problems.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)