• Sep 14th, 2017 5:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1315 posts
7 upvotes
usa

Outlook exchange sent email moved to other folder

Ever since I switched to my new work laptop running Outlook 2016, the messages I sent are randomly being moved to local folders. My IT dept thinks it may be caused by enabling the "allow analysis of sent emails to identify people you commonly email and subjects you commonly discuss..." We already unchecked that option, but sent messages are still being moved.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3222 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary
1. Do you have the emails still listed in your "sent items" folder?

2. What do you mean "Randomly"? Can you give an example of a type of email you sent and what folder it got moved to?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1315 posts
7 upvotes
usa
TotallyKiller wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 3:20 pm
1. Do you have the emails still listed in your "sent items" folder?
No, the message that got moved to another folder is no longer available in my sent folder.
2. What do you mean "Randomly"? Can you give an example of a type of email you sent and what folder it got moved to?
It can be any message I sent, no specific topic, subject, nor specific recipient. Local are folder I create to organise my messages. I noticed the messages are moved to folders where I keep incoming messages.
Apr 26, 2010
163 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
seems like a rule. check your rules in outlook as well as webmail rules. sometimes they can become mismatched from the server one and they ones you setup in outlook
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1315 posts
7 upvotes
usa
The only rule I have is, if I'm cc in the message I'm replying to, then it'll automatically delete the copy in the inbox. No other rules set.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
3840 posts
346 upvotes
Montreal
There are Outlook advanced settings for where sent and trash items are to be filed but I don't believe they apply to Exchange accounts. Might be worth a look.
Phils
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3222 posts
227 upvotes
Calgary
gta1216 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:01 pm
No, the message that got moved to another folder is no longer available in my sent folder.

It can be any message I sent, no specific topic, subject, nor specific recipient. Local are folder I create to organise my messages. I noticed the messages are moved to folders where I keep incoming messages.
What I meant to ask was if the emails and the folder the sent email is stored in are related. Or are the sent items going into "random" folders?