• May 26th, 2008 8:08 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 27, 2006
816 posts
21 upvotes

Ovens

Hi,

Looking for either an induction oven (I guess it would have to be a separate range and an oven) or a gas oven (combined range and oven).

1. What are the best brands for induction?
2. What are the best brands for gas?
3. Can I have an induction range sit right on top of an oven unit? I would want it the same height as a standard complete oven/range unit.

I would like to go with Miele but it seems they like to rip us off here in Canada ($1k more for the same stuff in the USA).

What are the best stores to get the best prices...not a big fan of haggling but I will do it if it means I can save a few hundred bucks...

Thanks.

LIP
6 replies
Aug 27, 2006
816 posts
21 upvotes
no one has some input?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1310 posts
761 upvotes
Oshawa
Should I just take a wild guess at where you live...?
Sep 3, 2007
659 posts
72 upvotes
Aurora
I am in process of buying all new appliances and have decided to go with GE Monogram Oven (maybe double oven) and their gas cooktop
Jul 31, 2005
382 posts
51 upvotes
lip wrote: Hi,

Looking for either an induction oven (I guess it would have to be a separate range and an oven) or a gas oven (combined range and oven).

1. What are the best brands for induction?
2. What are the best brands for gas?
3. Can I have an induction range sit right on top of an oven unit? I would want it the same height as a standard complete oven/range unit.

I would like to go with Miele but it seems they like to rip us off here in Canada ($1k more for the same stuff in the USA).

What are the best stores to get the best prices...not a big fan of haggling but I will do it if it means I can save a few hundred bucks...

Thanks.

LIP
We have a kenmore induction cooktop and love it, so much better than a standard electric cooktop and the element heats up faster than gas with little or no heat. The induction cooktop sitting on top of an electric built in oven, it can be done just find out what the specs are and ensure that you have enough clearance. Initially we were gonna get a gas cooktop since it was less expensive but there was not room + we would also have to bring in a gas line. I don't belive that they have a combo range with an induction cooktop/oven, all of the induction cooktops i've seen are single units.

Miele is a great brand but be prepared to pay top dollar for those appliances, consumer reports says that the $$$ you spend on appliances does not necessarily mean better quality. Do your homework & check out the reports on the specific model you want to purchase.

Good Luck !!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
I've got the 36" Miele induction cooktop which is great
I've got the Miele wall oven (H4800BP I think) and it's great.

The only bad thing about them: the price tag.
Aug 27, 2006
816 posts
21 upvotes
Thanks everyone...

I'm in Brampton.
What did everyone pay? I did a search here before and found someone paid $800 for a Kenmore induction unit at a Sears clearance centre...that's crazy...

Thanks in advance,

LIP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)