None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton

overshoes/galoshes

anyone know where I can buy a pair of overshoes or galoshes in GTA area? I'd like to wear them over my dress shoes on my work commute during torrential downpours/snow days while still maintaining a dressy look (was thinking something along the lines of this).
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
1682 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto
so does The Hudson Bay.

Got mine as a gift. I rarely use it. right now is the season though!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks! This is exactly what I'm looking for, plus BB has it in brown! I`ll definitely go in and try them on to see if they fit well over my shoes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
johnny7sunami wrote:
Sep 30th, 2015 6:54 pm
or you can save round 60 bucks and go for a moneysworth and best galosh, i've seen some different colourways in the path as well. That way you go from an extremely overpriced piece of rubber to just an overpriced piece of rubber

http://moneysworth-best.com/products/sp ... gxmjHpViko
Thanks Johnny, for the find; will check this one out too!
Jan 16, 2009
114 posts
29 upvotes
Not sure if they carry them anymore, but I bought some at Dollarama a few years ago. They were not very good, but for $3, you can't really complain. The main problem was that the model they carried was designed like a dress boot that fit completely over the shoe, so it was a complete pain to put on and take off. Related to that, they only carried one size, and without being able to try it on, it ended up fitting only one pair of my shoes. Other than that, they did the job when walking in the snow.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2958 posts
444 upvotes
Just make certain that whatever you buy does not damage the leather on your shoes. It can happen due to friction.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Blanche123 wrote:
Oct 1st, 2015 11:14 am
Just make certain that whatever you buy does not damage the leather on your shoes. It can happen due to friction.
I was thinking of this too. I'm hoping the tight fit of the galosh does not warp/reshape my shoes. The SWIMS apparently have a unique/soft lining which they claim buffs your shoes while you have them on.