[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6182 posts
2257 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 5:40 pm
This is the title Blizzard claimed they cancelled a while ago.

It was called "Titan" before the reveal.
people are saying this is specifically just the PVP portion of whatever Titan was supposed to be and that much of Titan was actually scrapped to focus on this part of it. I'm guessing it was going to be more an MMO and they figured it wouldn't be worthwhile
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10963 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 5:39 pm
I bet no one saw this coming. Thoughts?

Looks very cool and fun.

I like the "Portal" reference in the game.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4482 posts
2857 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to wait and see but I like what I see so far, huge fan of TF2 type of gameplay so I'm glad it's not another MMO. Could be a huge fail or could be a huge success, it all depends on how fun it is and how well Blizzard develops and supports it. I hope it's actually F2P in this case, with optional cosmetics as drops or bought for money which have no effect on gameplay. I hope no stupid renting of items system exists, that would suck.

Only thing I don't like is that it's only 6vs6? At the same time maybe it will still work if each class is different.

We will see, signed up for beta to see first hand.
Aug 20, 2009
6663 posts
1313 upvotes
Grimsby
I'd check it out, hopefully they go easy on the IAP/cash shop crap.
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13943 posts
81 upvotes
Kuala Lumpur, MY
was watching the reveal live on twitch and everybody was referencing TF2 in the comments section (and they're right, so much of this has a TF2 feel to it).

personally, i'm pretty excited about it. i signed up for beta already, and i love the cartoonish feel to it (though i know some people are not fans of it). hope it turns out well, i have high hopes!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10963 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
skyblue12 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 7:24 pm
was watching the reveal live on twitch and everybody was referencing TF2 in the comments section (and they're right, so much of this has a TF2 feel to it).

personally, i'm pretty excited about it. i signed up for beta already, and i love the cartoonish feel to it (though i know some people are not fans of it). hope it turns out well, i have high hopes!
Just to save yourself from disappointment with all these new games coming out....never have high hopes for a game until it is out...and you have played it hands on.

A game can be super-hyped online and in the media/marketing and turns out to be below people's expectations....e.g. Watchdogs, Destiny...etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2143 posts
94 upvotes
I loved TF2 before the hats. Not going to play this one I was actually pissed off when I saw the engineer making a sentry gun.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3345 posts
162 upvotes
Adelaide
jdmkidd wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 10:18 pm
I loved TF2 before the hats. Not going to play this one I was actually pissed off when I saw the engineer making a sentry gun.
Being able to build turrets isnt exactly a revolutionary idea TF2 came up with. Seems odd you would be so mad over something like that.

Games looks like it could be really good. The art direction is great and I am glad they went with the look they did instead of going their cartoony wow look.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
Scorpionsy wrote:
Nov 7th, 2014 7:36 pm
Just to save yourself from disappointment with all these new games coming out....never have high hopes for a game until it is out...and you have played it hands on.

A game can be super-hyped online and in the media/marketing and turns out to be below people's expectations....e.g. Watchdogs, Destiny...etc.
You're pretty safe with a Blizzard game.

One of the few quality developers that deserve my money.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2143 posts
94 upvotes
BongoBong wrote:
Nov 8th, 2014 10:56 am
Being able to build turrets isnt exactly a revolutionary idea TF2 came up with. Seems odd you would be so mad over something like that.

Games looks like it could be really good. The art direction is great and I am glad they went with the look they did instead of going their cartoony wow look.
I've been a TF player since TF 1 and TF Quake days. I have a special attachment to the engy class 1k+ hours played. To each their own.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
458 upvotes
Have to admit this looks great. Love the characters design and the levels doesn't overwhelm the characters. Most interesting FPS I have seen to date. Love to see a class with magic.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10963 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
squadz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2014 10:59 am
You're pretty safe with a Blizzard game.

One of the few quality developers that deserve my money.
You see...that kind of blind trust in a game company is what leads ultimately to disappointment in the long run....even with a company like Blizzard Entertainment.

Learn from previous experiences like EA...DICE...Ubisoft....Capcom...etc. No one company is safe from a sub-par game release.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
Scorpionsy wrote:
Nov 9th, 2014 1:35 am
You see...that kind of blind trust in a game company is what leads ultimately to disappointment in the long run....even with a company like Blizzard Entertainment.

Learn from previous experiences like EA...DICE...Ubisoft....Capcom...etc. No one company is safe from a sub-par game release.
I give credit where credit is due, and Blizzard has yet to disappoint.

Happy to support a company like that.