None
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7105 posts
1223 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ReeGee wrote:
May 7th, 2016 2:41 pm
From where? I briefly looked at the site at work yesterday and it said $59.99 USD so I figured CAD would be even more.
From Blizzard.
They are pushing the Origins edition, which comes with some skins and downloadable goodies for other Blizzard games, but if you don't care for for those just get the basic version.
cdkeys also have the Origins edition for $59CDN here

I've been having fun playing vs the Ai. Although they will have to make some adjustment to the Ai. The easy and medium difficulty is way too easy and the hard mode is almost impossible to beat.
Good way to learn the maps though.
I doubt I will get the game however. Just way too fast paced for my taste. Also play against humans with random people is a recipe for frustration, unless you practice 8 hrs a day to become good at this game and carry the team, and know the counters to each and every characters in the game.
If you have a group of friends to play with than it can be fun though.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
Finally played this game today, a bunch of quick matches.

It's very fun, but it just feels lacking. Quality is what you'd expect from a Blizzard game, but something is missing for me.

I'll watch this game from afar, not for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3271 posts
142 upvotes
Adelaide
SpectralMeat wrote:
May 8th, 2016 7:26 am
From Blizzard.
They are pushing the Origins edition, which comes with some skins and downloadable goodies for other Blizzard games, but if you don't care for for those just get the basic version.

I've been having fun playing vs the Ai. Although they will have to make some adjustment to the Ai. The easy and medium difficulty is way too easy and the hard mode is almost impossible to beat.
I doubt I will get the game however. Just way too fast paced for my taste. Also play against humans with random people is a recipe for frustration, unless you practice 8 hrs a day to become good at this game and carry the team, and know the counters to each and every characters in the game.
I would say this game is pretty accessible for casual players. There are a bunch of classes that are quite easy to play decently and it shouldn't take too long to at least have an idea about what each class does and is good at. It should be very easy to pick up and have some good matches without dedicating much time to it. If anything compared to many fps's I would say the difference between a very good player and a casual is not as big.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
277 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
squadz wrote:
May 8th, 2016 10:24 am

It's very fun, but it just feels lacking. Quality is what you'd expect from a Blizzard game, but something is missing for me.

+1, I was trying the beta over the weekend on PS4. I got excited when I saw the variety of characters, but the actual matches....I don't know. Had a sort of Call of Duty shallowness to them. I was hoping for something more like Battlefield...more strategic, and drawn out. This was all just running and gunning, with instant respaws, quick-deaths, tiny maps, etc.

Because it's Blizzard, I was hoping it would be more about strategy in some way....

How does Battleborn compare?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4998 posts
700 upvotes
calgary
squadz wrote:
May 8th, 2016 10:24 am

Similar to TF, from a low level its missing that competitive hook that games like Rocket League, Counterstrike, Halo, or any MOBA have as it feels very run and gun and feels like you have very little direct effect on the outcome of the game. However like a MOBA I think with a good team that knows what its doing this game can be very fun and competitive.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3271 posts
142 upvotes
Adelaide
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
May 9th, 2016 10:10 am
Similar to TF, from a low level its missing that competitive hook that games like Rocket League, Counterstrike, Halo, or any MOBA have as it feels very run and gun and feels like you have very little direct effect on the outcome of the game. However like a MOBA I think with a good team that knows what its doing this game can be very fun and competitive.
Yeah even at a higher level its probably harder than TF2 to carry a game. In TF2 a really good soldier or demo could do some crazy things and really own a game, I am not sure this game has that same potential. That said I never feel useless or that I can't have a big impact on the game. Ultimate abilities do help anyone make a big play as well.

Wish there were a few more maps for release considering the price but not really worried about long term support for the game.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
That's my thought essentially - it has the potential to be great, but something is missing.

Rocket League is a fantastic comparison - they're essentially very similar in idea, but there's no hook for Overwatch (at least for myself).

I can see why people would like it though.
Sep 16, 2013
113 posts
52 upvotes
Medicine Hat, AB
I enjoyed the beta on PS4 but I agree with some comments above; I won't be buying this one at full price. I'm also really wary about anything to do with Activision after my experience with Black Ops 3 and the ridiculous supply drop system that saw me get to master prestige and have yet to unlock a supply drop weapon. If Overwatch goes on sale down to $40 then that's a price I would feel comfortable grabbing it for. Good game. Not great.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
984 upvotes
Vaughan
SofaProfessor wrote:
May 9th, 2016 12:02 pm
I enjoyed the beta on PS4 but I agree with some comments above; I won't be buying this one at full price. I'm also really wary about anything to do with Activision after my experience with Black Ops 3 and the ridiculous supply drop system that saw me get to master prestige and have yet to unlock a supply drop weapon. If Overwatch goes on sale down to $40 then that's a price I would feel comfortable grabbing it for. Good game. Not great.
It's actually $39 USD on PC.

I didn't actually realize consoles have to buy the $59 USD version with the extras, they don't get the option of the base game.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5732 posts
543 upvotes
Mississauga
SpectralMeat wrote:
May 8th, 2016 7:26 am
From Blizzard.

meh, CDkeys increased the price, I think I'll wait for the price to drop
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7105 posts
1223 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Longobongo wrote:
May 9th, 2016 1:46 pm
meh, CDkeys increased the price, I think I'll wait for the price to drop
I've noticed they do that with other games too.
As release day gets closer they increase the price. I've had the Origin edition preordered for $49CDN but after trying the beta I canceled my order.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6161 posts
1931 upvotes
Canada
SuperDuperFox wrote:
+1, I was trying the beta over the weekend on PS4. I got excited when I saw the variety of characters, but the actual matches....I don't know. Had a sort of Call of Duty shallowness to them. I was hoping for something more like Battlefield...more strategic, and drawn out. This was all just running and gunning, with instant respaws, quick-deaths, tiny maps, etc.

Because it's Blizzard, I was hoping it would be more about strategy in some way....
It's clear this game was destined to target the TF2 crowd with MOBA-like players/classes/weapon variety.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6161 posts
1931 upvotes
Canada
SpectralMeat wrote:
May 5th, 2016 10:50 am
Bastion seems to be way overpowered at the moment, so balance is definitely out of whack.
Junk rat seems to be a bit OP as well with the constant grenade spam, it can lock down choke points pretty easily from afar.

I have no doubt this game will do really well, especially since there is not dlc weapons and perks, it's all skill based.
Not to mention Blizzard is behind it
I started to feel that way about Bastion, then that way about Junkrat, then the guy with the bow .. and finally the Dwarf dude ... etc etc. I think once you figure out the players it seems like they are all over-powered as you pick off the newbs/scrubs.

I'm sure once the game has been released for a few weeks and everyone knows how to use each player optimally, the game will turn from pure ease to pure hell.

I went 34-0 with the dwarf in one match as I defended a claim with him. I suspect as time goes on it will not be as easy as it first appears.