Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 19, 2005
309 posts
3 upvotes

Oxidation of car paint

Hi,

Has anyone had success polishing out oxidation on car paint? If so, can you please recommend a product?

I have a 15 year old black Honda.

Thanks.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8884 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto
Most people would immediately recomend a rubbing compound like Megs Ultimate compound but I've seen guys ruin black paint using it the wrong way.

I like this guy's approach.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask ... aints.html

Was gonna recommend Megs 80 glaze or XMT 360 which he uses after with a machine.

But only after the real star Megs #7 Mirror glaze is used by hand, not to abrade, but condition and bring back the paint first.

Optimum also has some good products with the hyper stuff being aggressive and popular but it might be best to start with a polish first.
Mar 16, 2015
25 posts
6 upvotes
Orillia
As a professional detailer I use Malco tru-polish. And if you want to really bring the paint out, use Malco super duty compound then the tru polish. Then a wax and you'll be very amazed
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1493 upvotes
Montreal
Oxidized paint typically comes back shortly after polishing.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
21395 posts
2233 upvotes
A moderate compound will take it out. I use sonax cutmax.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8884 posts
1542 upvotes
Toronto
Diggz09 wrote: As a professional detailer I use Malco tru-polish. And if you want to really bring the paint out, use Malco super duty compound then the tru polish. Then a wax and you'll be very amazed
I've heard Malco can do miracles with a rotary.

Lots of cutting polish for OP to choose from including uno from HD, Menzerna etc as well.