• Feb 4th, 2012 11:30 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 25, 2006
572 posts
46 upvotes

P90X door-frame style chin-up bar

Hi, I am looking for a P90X door-frame style chin-up bar or equivalent.

Also, does anyone not recommend this style chin-up bar? Does it damage the door frame? What else can you suggest?

Many Thanks!
5 replies
May 2, 2006
833 posts
111 upvotes
prettyha8 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 10:06 am

Also, does anyone not recommend this style chin-up bar? Does it damage the door frame? What else can you suggest?

Many Thanks!

I have one. Used it at my condo. It works with the 6" studded door frames though. So I either had to use it at the front door....or add a cushion to the bedroom door frame as that frame was smaller. I don't know if it was because it's a condo and interior condo walls are thinnner. No damage. Wouldn't use it on door with mouldings though. My new house has crown moulding on the door. I'm sure that would get damaged.
[external advertising link and solicitation removed]
Mar 19, 2003
399 posts
60 upvotes
prettyha8 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 10:06 am

Many Thanks!

I have something similar, and would not recommend it to anyone, unless using for dips/pushups. The damage it did on my door frame was minimal, but it required a depth that most of my frames did not have. Also, I've had the pleasurable experience of having it rip off while mid pull up and knocking myself in the head with it... hard :facepalm:

I'd suggest you either go to a park close to your house and use the monkey bars, or if you have space invest a little more money and get a good power tower/VKR station.
[OP]
Apr 25, 2006
572 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks guys for your feedback,
davidlmf wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2009 3:27 pm
I'm pretty sure it's illegal in RFD rules to pass up a PM opportunity
Banned
Jan 19, 2009
2301 posts
98 upvotes
like the poster above said, buy the station if you got the space.

another solution is screwing it into the frame. i did this to one of the doors in my basement but its because i dont care about the door frame in my basement.
Oct 29, 2005
771 posts
46 upvotes
Home sense has a bunch of them ranging from. $14 to $40.