PACE Academy in Richmond Hill

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 11:09 am
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2012
6 posts
Hi all,

I would like to know about Pace the Academy for gifted chhildren situated at Richmond Hill Ontario. Is anyone know about this school or someone is currently attending this school could provide me more information as well as their transportation services and the cost of the transportation. Also, if anyone know the differences between this school and UTS. Which one is better. Comments about these two schools are appreciated.

Thanks,
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6749 posts
5940 upvotes
Welcome to RFD!

You should try out the discussions forum, you might have better luck there
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2011
8737 posts
13638 upvotes
Welcome - try posting this in the parenting forum.
Deal Expert
Dec 14, 2005
18186 posts
344 upvotes
Richmond
:arrow:

Moved from "The Welcome to RedFlagDeals.com Forum" to "Parenting"
Congrats to the Arsenal Ladies - The FA Women's Cup Winners 2013 :)
Dec 26, 2012
6 posts
Hmm. Am I am not in the parent discussion location? If not, please advise me the path to get the right place to post my thread again. Thanks!
Dec 26, 2012
6 posts
I would like to know how do they invoice their school transportation cost ? I saw they have co-instructional activites that offer between 3:45 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday, are these activities included in the tuition fee or something extra that will invoice separately?
Homework, tutorials, study time and independent projects occur between 3:00 and 3:45 p.m, Is this time also included in the tuition fee?
What is the differences between the Academy for Gifted Children in Richmond Hill and University of Toronto School, which one is better?
Please advise me if there are anything that I miss or need to aware about this school? Is this school well known in Toronto?
Apr 5, 2004
348 posts
91 upvotes
Did you try contacting the school directly? Most of your questions can be addressed by them. PACE vs UTS... I think UTS is better but it's also a lot harder to get in.
gifted wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:48 am
I would like to know how do they invoice their school transportation cost ? I saw they have co-instructional activites that offer between 3:45 to 4:30 Monday to Thursday, are these activities included in the tuition fee or something extra that will invoice separately?
Homework, tutorials, study time and independent projects occur between 3:00 and 3:45 p.m, Is this time also included in the tuition fee?
What is the differences between the Academy for Gifted Children in Richmond Hill and University of Toronto School, which one is better?
Please advise me if there are anything that I miss or need to aware about this school? Is this school well known in Toronto?
Dec 26, 2012
6 posts
I would like to get new information about this school before call them up. Please comments about this school if anyone of your children are currently attending to this school. I understand there are some information about this school in this forum 2 years ago, but would like to know if there are addition or new information available now about this school. For example, if the school has been renovated since 2 years ago, or other things has been fixed and improved and again the questions that I posted previously.

Thanks,
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1429 posts
115 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
No idea, but please post what you find out after you speak to the school.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13393 posts
1223 upvotes
Pretending that enrolment this school has anything to do with some objective measure of academic ability, rather than how much money parents are willing to spend, is absurd.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Feb 6, 2013
1 posts
The school bus is 1400 one way and 2100 $/year both ways. It only goes South on bathrust and Bayview this is it.
If you leave anywhere else you are on your own.

My kid was identified as gifted and I was interested in PACE. I could hardly find any info about this school :-( I would grealty appreciate it if other parents can tell me what solutions did they find for picking up their kids at 4:45 PM or at 3:45 on Fri? Since PACE is closed so many days per year compared with the public system / Montessori, how can you cover for these days off?
Apr 1, 2013
1 posts
Scarborough
HI THERE,

Did you get any information about PACE? I am also planning to enroll me son for sept 2013. I need more infomation regarding their acadamic area as my son is 3 years ahead. Do they encourage children who progress at a higher level? What happens if the child had excelled others in the grade 1 class? Does he still repeat the same circulum as the others or are they introduced to challenging materials?

Thank you so much for your help.
Apr 5, 2004
348 posts
91 upvotes
I believe grade 1 for Sept 2013 is full. If your son couldn't get in at grade 1, he probably has to wait until grade 4. They have very limited space in grade 2 and 3.
AKSHAYAN wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2013 9:08 pm
HI THERE,

Did you get any information about PACE? I am also planning to enroll me son for sept 2013. I need more infomation regarding their acadamic area as my son is 3 years ahead. Do they encourage children who progress at a higher level? What happens if the child had excelled others in the grade 1 class? Does he still repeat the same circulum as the others or are they introduced to challenging materials?

Thank you so much for your help.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
The boys are full. We went there last month to check it out and decided not to send our daughter there.
We met with the director of the school and saw some classes.

They don't really encourage grade skipping and but somewhat accommodate their level.
So if they are doing grade 2 math, they'll do grade 2 work... but limited in a way.

I think their material is 1 or 2 grades higher than public school.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 11:15 am
Pretending that enrolment this school has anything to do with some objective measure of academic ability, rather than how much money parents are willing to spend, is absurd.
You have to have an official assessment done and labeled as gifted from a psychologist in order to be accepted.
So it's not just money that is needed.