Shopping Discussion

Is Pacific Mall all its hyped up to be when it comes to tech deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2014 12:28 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
78 posts
4 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

Is Pacific Mall all its hyped up to be when it comes to tech deals?

Everyone says that Pacific Mall has great deals and if you're looking for a cell phone or some gadget you gotta go to Pacific Mall. Now I'm usually on top of my game when it comes to finding great deals across the gta when it comes to electronic gadgets and such but I've never bought a single item from Pacific Mall apart from food. Am I missing something here?
71 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2976 posts
320 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Has P Mall ever had good deals on anything? Every time I go there it's either crap being sold for too much and decent stuff being sold for way too much.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8882 posts
1633 upvotes
Toronto
Lol wtf, I've never heard of PMall being the go-to place for tech deals. Who ever told you it is doesn't know deals.
Jul 17, 2009
788 posts
247 upvotes
Richmond Hill
is all about RFD !!! no PMALL
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12829 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
there is nothing there now. Canada computers has moved out of pmall. The tech stores left in there are completely crap with junk items at astronomical prices and they don't allow price matching. The cellphone cases and accessories can be bought on DX and ebay for 1/5th of the price. I only go there for the snacks on the 2nd level.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2009
3691 posts
104 upvotes
Ive been there a couple of times and couldn't stand the place. Cramped little crappy stores, no good deals that I could find personally, funny smell throughout the place. The only reason I would go to Pacific Mall ever again personally is to eat at mongolian grill outside. But even then, I would rather go to the one by lawrence and don mills just to avoid the honda indy 500 / bumper cars in the pacific mall parking lot.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10375 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
No. There are no tech deals at Pacific Mall. I actually find them to be quite over priced. The only edge Pacific Mall has is that the stores import certain tech gadgets from Asia that aren't available otherwise in Canada.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20235 posts
4182 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Only for bubble tea.

Also needs to be moved to Shopping Discussion forum.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8057 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto
Good selection, yes. Good deals, no.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
15992 posts
375 upvotes
i go there for phone cases if i really need it. not that enticing of a place.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12965 posts
2353 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dragon_drift wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 7:06 pm
i go there for phone cases if i really need it. not that enticing of a place.
You're biased. You worked there so it's obvious you got bored of Pacific Mall quickly. Like how I'm biased because I used to go every week to play at Orbit...

Now Pacific Mall is only good for snacks and chilling around with friends. Can't even buy DVDs there :(
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1334 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 7:29 pm
I only go to PMall just for those waffle thingies. The circle ones haha...
Egg waffles! <3

Lets see I bought R4, PS2 games, laptop, and a cellphone case there. All at a great price for bargaining, well more like I just annoyed the crap out of them and they gave me a bigger discount.
Yes I purchased a laptop, it was a Fujitsu! Truth be told this was all in the past though, now I don't know what to buy there...
I love Witcher 3!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8057 posts
1501 upvotes
Toronto
thiefa wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 7:43 pm
Lets see I bought R4, PS2 games, laptop, and a cellphone case there. All at a great price for bargaining, well more like I just annoyed the crap out of them and they gave me a bigger discount.
Yes I purchased a laptop, it was a Fujitsu! Truth be told this was all in the past though, now I don't know what to buy there...
I wouldn't buy a laptop there. Too much gray market stuff and warrantee through the retailer is always iffy.
[OP]
Aug 28, 2011
78 posts
4 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Glad I'm not missing out on any incredible saving at Pacific Mall! On a different note, I brushed shoulders with Seal there one Saturday a few years back...He looked like he was in a hurry so I didn't bother him for an autograph. lol