Shopping Discussion

Is Pacific Mall all its hyped up to be when it comes to tech deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2014 12:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12943 posts
2347 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
flashy_mcflash wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 9:12 am
Pacific Mall, as others have stated, is only useful for food these days. That arcade is decent too, I suppose. Tech deals can always be found on the internet these days, so even if there was a deal at PM, it'll be online for the same price or less. Rare is it that a bricks-and-mortar store can compete with online sales in 2012, at least for tech stuff.
Boycott PlayScape. Kash the manager it's hated by everyone. He killed the arcade there. Go play at Lovegety instead
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 1:49 pm
Boycott PlayScape. Kash the manager it's hated by everyone. He killed the arcade there. Go play at Lovegety instead
Ah, didn't know that! I love arcades and am always on the lookout for a new one. Thanks dude.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12943 posts
2347 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
flashy_mcflash wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 2:08 pm
Ah, didn't know that! I love arcades and am always on the lookout for a new one. Thanks dude.
Ya Lovegety is more fun imo. Newer games and Chau Sir is very nice. Except the problem is that Lovegety doesn't have the new DJ Max I think. It's like the only game that's keeping "Orbit" alive.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4297 upvotes
flashy_mcflash wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 9:12 am
Pacific Mall, as others have stated, is only useful for food these days. That arcade is decent too, I suppose.
and neon sign massage parlours nearby
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 3:27 pm
and neon sign massage parlours nearby
Yeah but those are all over the GTA if you're into that. I read somewhere that no legit massage parlour has a neon sign. If you see neon, a happy ending's in store.
vero95 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:42 am
LOL what does project management have to do with project being over budget?
vero95 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2013 12:34 pm
$5c for a plastic bag >= $30 for a jug of milk
Oct 15, 2012
86 posts
8 upvotes
I like going to Pacific Mall to watch woman in the their Mercedes or Lexus try and back into parking spots. What entertainment !
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5486 posts
387 upvotes
P mall used to be cool for computer parts, cell phones, asian snacks and knock-off dvds. Not anymore.

After knowing the existence of DX, we all realize cell phone accessories in pmall carry such a ridiculous markups. I wanted to pickup a short USB micro cable for the car, the girl told me the cable sells for $10. This is absolutely ludicrous!

For asian snacks like bubble tea, pmall is still the place to go. Those two competing bubble tea chains are keeping the price competitive.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1647 upvotes
thiefa wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 7:43 pm
Egg waffles! <3

Lets see I bought R4, PS2 games, laptop, and a cellphone case there. All at a great price for bargaining, well more like I just annoyed the crap out of them and they gave me a bigger discount.
Yes I purchased a laptop, it was a Fujitsu! Truth be told this was all in the past though, now I don't know what to buy there...

Anyone know any other places to get the egg waffles apart from PMall? Anywhere else?!?!
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
2973 posts
320 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
tomtomtom wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 10:36 pm
P mall used to be cool for computer parts, cell phones, asian snacks and knock-off dvds. Not anymore.

After knowing the existence of DX, we all realize cell phone accessories in pmall carry such a ridiculous markups. I wanted to pickup a short USB micro cable for the car, the girl told me the cable sells for $10. This is absolutely ludicrous!

For asian snacks like bubble tea, pmall is still the place to go. Those two competing bubble tea chains are keeping the price competitive.
Pacific Mall was never a cheap place to buy anything. I've been there at least once a year for over 10 years now, and there really hasn't been any improvements. Sure, you've got that Chinese Heritage Village or whatever you call it, but it's always been about dingy stores selling products of questionable origin at questionable prices. If my dad wanted to buy electronics he'd go elsewhere, as he hates bargaining. He also despised the Canto-speaking business owners for their rude attitude and shoddy service to people who spoke Mandarin.

I fail to see how the prices for bubble tea there are competitive in any way.
Deal Guru
May 14, 2007
14907 posts
1878 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
geokilla wrote:
Nov 12th, 2012 7:24 pm
You're biased. You worked there so it's obvious you got bored of Pacific Mall quickly. Like how I'm biased because I used to go every week to play at Orbit...

Now Pacific Mall is only good for snacks and chilling around with friends. Can't even buy DVDs there :(
you just not looking in dah right places ;)
May 13, 2002
217 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Tech deals, what tech deals, hell, I've never seen a deal the two times I've been there...!
Michael
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2011
1127 posts
52 upvotes
PMall is becoming more akin to a flea market than anything really.

And LoL at the Honda Indy 500 Bumper Cars comment - so true, so true. You want to see Canada's Worst Drivers? Just go to Pacific Mall!
May 13, 2002
217 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
iridium001 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2012 7:37 am
You want to see Canada's Worst Drivers? Just go to Pacific Mall!
You don't need to go there to see them, just look for any taxi on the road!
Michael
Sep 8, 2004
27 posts
loserga wrote:
Nov 13th, 2012 11:29 pm
Pacific Mall was never a cheap place to buy anything. I've been there at least once a year for over 10 years now, and there really hasn't been any improvements. Sure, you've got that Chinese Heritage Village or whatever you call it, but it's always been about dingy stores selling products of questionable origin at questionable prices. If my dad wanted to buy electronics he'd go elsewhere, as he hates bargaining. He also despised the Canto-speaking business owners for their rude attitude and shoddy service to people who spoke Mandarin.

I fail to see how the prices for bubble tea there are competitive in any way.
Wow. Inter china racism. Lol