Shopping Discussion

package stuck at Canada customs for 3 weeks

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2017 9:36 am
May 29, 2017
1 posts

package stuck at Canada customs for 3 weeks

The package that I am expecting was shipped on May 8th from the U.S and as per tracking, it's been pending for customs in Mirabel Quebec for over 3 weeks now. Is it normal? Should I be worried that it might've been lost?
4 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
902 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
did you pay brokerage fees? or is the package being scanned for security reasons
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
6029 posts
1391 upvotes
Toronto
3 weeks is nothing. Especially if it's some rinky-dink widget from China. Check out the megathread in this forum.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Jan 18, 2015
8 posts
8 upvotes
Cookie Nova
zhxzhx wrote: The package that I am expecting was shipped on May 8th from the U.S and as per tracking, it's been pending for customs in Mirabel Quebec for over 3 weeks now. Is it normal? Should I be worried that it might've been lost?

This same thing is happening to me now. When did you eventually receive your item?
Jul 22, 2003
54 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
if the tracking no. starts with an "R" (registered) it will sit there for a month.. they must have a separate bin for that..and not trackable by CP..other tracking app will track it and say its here..
i get other registered mail, track no. starts with other letter like an "L". CP tracks it, and received in 2-3 wks.. :rolleyes: Neutral Face