Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18155 posts
1474 upvotes

Paddington 2 (2017) and 3 Films

The first movie made $290 million worldwide with a $55 million budget and was well received so we're getting 2 more.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... and-904369
Studiocanal, a unit of French media giant Vivendi, has acquired all rights, with the exception of publishing rights, to the Paddington Bear brand worldwide.

Studiocanal on Monday unveiled the acquisition of Paddington and Company, the group that holds the Paddington rights, as well as The Copyrights Group, a merchandising group that has licensing rights to the Paddington brand. Studiocanal also bought Harvey Unna and Stephen Durbridge Ltd., which has represented all of the media rights in Paddington for the last 40 years.

Author Michael Bond, who created the Paddington character in 1958, will retain publishing rights to the brand and will continue to work closely with Studiocanal. Financial details weren't disclosed.

The move marks Studiocanal's first acquisition of major entertainment IP. It fits nicely into the company's strategy of focusing on big European-based franchises. The first Paddington movie has been Studiocanal's biggest-ever release, grossing $290 million on a budget of around $55 million. Director Paul King and Harry Potter producer David Heyman are re-teaming for a Paddington sequel, set to begin shooting in October for a late 2017 release.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
5 replies
May 31, 2009
990 posts
318 upvotes
Im a 33 year old guy and i watched this film with my buddy. I hate to admit but the first movie was pretty damn good. I had problems with Kidman's character but was a necessary evil for the story, but other than that. It was one of the sweetest, charming and heartfelt movies i had seen. Plus the animation on him was amazing for the $55 million budget they had
[external link removed]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9778 posts
2130 upvotes
Toronto
Sequel has distribution in North America via Warner Brothers

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
3448 posts
368 upvotes
This franchise is unrealistic, not with having a talking bear (that I can suspend belief), but how an illegal immigrant is being welcomed with open arms in the UK.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31722 posts
8100 upvotes
GTHA
Paddington 2 Review: Silly subtle and smart movie worth 'hullaballoo'
Paddington 2 is a movie that might be the perfect antidote to a dreary season with its combination of smarts and slapstick.