Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Paderno Steel Chef 11-Piece Cookware Set - $119.99 @ Futureshop, Today Only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2014 10:25 pm
Tags:
None
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Induction ready but is a very low end set IMO.
Nov 26, 2011
142 posts
92 upvotes
Halifax
I'm in for 1 ... been thinking about getting rid of our hodge podge set of pots we've had forever. It's Paderno, and it's induction compatible. I'm sold
Jan 21, 2011
229 posts
59 upvotes
New Westminster
I ordered these around boxing day last year when they were on sale for a similar price and returned them as soon as I got them. They were pretty mediocre, and made in China unlike other Paderno sets which are made in Canada. They are pretty light, and I'm glad I exchanged them.

You're probably better off ordering these ones when they go on sale (very often).

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 0d3c3den02

These are much heavier, and generally seem higher quality. If you can wait it out, that's what I'd do.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
joe1983 wrote: Ordered one! Thanks~
Thats good... I ordered a set also..
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
ultraman7k wrote: I ordered these around boxing day last year when they were on sale for a similar price and returned them as soon as I got them. They were pretty mediocre, and made in China unlike other Paderno sets which are made in Canada. They are pretty light, and I'm glad I exchanged them.

You're probably better off ordering these ones when they go on sale (very often).

These are much heavier, and generally seem higher quality. If you can wait it out, that's what I'd do.
Thanks for your info. I don't cook much... The wife thinks this is a good deal. I can't argue , can I ? :| . thanks
Feb 25, 2014
30 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
ultraman7k wrote: I ordered these around boxing day last year when they were on sale for a similar price and returned them as soon as I got them. They were pretty mediocre, and made in China unlike other Paderno sets which are made in Canada. They are pretty light, and I'm glad I exchanged them.

http://goo.gl/jIklMy

$190 vs $120.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Cookware is something you shouldn't cheap out on. Spend some good money on a quality set and it will last you your lifetime. Not saying this is a "bad" choice but find a good set that is well made, higher quality and ideally 3 layer or more and it will serve you well on any cooking surface
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
May 8, 2002
821 posts
153 upvotes
Richfields wrote: Cookware is something you shouldn't cheap out on. Spend some good money on a quality set and it will last you your lifetime. Not saying this is a "bad" choice but find a good set that is well made, higher quality and ideally 3 layer or more and it will serve you well on any cooking surface
I agree. I thought buying Canadian, helping out the environment and spending a little more for something like this:

https://paderno.com/shop/28cm-paderno-nature-trust-pan/

would pay off. After a month of cooking, everything sticks. Covering the entire bottom of the pan with oil doesn't help because it still sticks. Paderno claims that nothing is wrong but everything sticks to this non stick pan. No more Paderno for me. Lesson learned.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1451 posts
485 upvotes
Can't speak to this set, but I bought one of their Pots for Eternity 12 Piece Confederation Cookware sets several years ago and it's top notch, quality cookware - use it every day.
Dec 5, 2011
2 posts
1 upvote
I have a set of the Classic and they are great. The 25 year warranty is great and easy to exchange product. Make sure is made in Canada though.

What people need to understand is the way to cook with stainless or non stick. Non stick should never be used at high heat, should never use metal tools or be put in the dishwasher. You typically will never see a chef use non-stick so that should tell you something as well.

Stainless steel should never be preheated without oil in the pan, you don't need to keep it at high heat to achieve quality food and let it cool before washing.

This goes for all pots and pans if you want to keep your investment lasting.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4419 posts
11419 upvotes
Quebec
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10184 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
How do these compare to the Copperline set from Sears?

I asked my mother whether or not I should buy it and she said unless it's non-stick, don't bother. I have no idea really since I've only ever used non-stick cookware.
Oct 19, 2009
222 posts
38 upvotes
Variability wrote: How do these compare to the Copperline set from Sears?

I asked my mother whether or not I should buy it and she said unless it's non-stick, don't bother. I have no idea really since I've only ever used non-stick cookware.
Non-stick is never ideal really. It doesn't last and will always wear, plus you can't put it through the dishwasher, a good set of stainless steel pots will last a lifetime.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10184 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
havox wrote: Non-stick is never ideal really. It doesn't last and will always wear, plus you can't put it through the dishwasher, a good set of stainless steel pots will last a lifetime.
Well, between this and the copperline, which do you think is better?

Do both work on any stoves?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)