Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1477 posts
67 upvotes
Markham, ON

pain after cavity filling

So whenever I eat crunchy foods, where I got my fillings done hurts if the piece of food hits the right spot which is pretty much dead center of my back molor. I can use my pinky nail finger to cause the pain. I'll be going back to the dentist for this but this seems to happen to me quite often when I get a filling done. One time I changed from the white filling to the silver one and that corrected it. Its pretty annoying. Prior to the fillings I had no pain what so ever. The fillings were filled almost a month ago. This is why I hate going to the dentist. No pain prior, then they work their magic and I get pain whenever I eat. Do u guys get the same? Biting down seems normal like before.
Share:
6 replies
May 11, 2011
123 posts
11 upvotes
Wow, I'm in the _exact same_ situation as you. Had fillings done in the end of April. When I bite down on the back left side of my jaw while eating something relatively hard to chew it hurts now.. didn't hurt before the fillings. Wondering if I should go back to the Dentist or not (no longer covered for insurance.. it ended in April).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1477 posts
67 upvotes
Markham, ON
hermansb wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 8:49 pm
Wow, I'm in the _exact same_ situation as you. Had fillings done in the end of April. When I bite down on the back left side of my jaw while eating something relatively hard to chew it hurts now.. didn't hurt before the fillings. Wondering if I should go back to the Dentist or not (no longer covered for insurance.. it ended in April).

i say give a shot and see if they will do it for free.. its stupid how you had no pain before and after filling it hurts. i did a bit of research.. and its usually caused by the filling not being done properly or something. worth a try.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1172 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Getting a filling always makes you tooth really sensitive and hurts. Happened to me recently, it took about 1.5 weeks to feel normal again. If you're in doubt then go back to your dentist. There's no reason he or she would not do any extra work for free after you paid them all that money
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5398 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
I would get it checked out. The filling could be hitting a nerve as you bite down. The dentist shouldn't charge you (unless he finds there is a different problem causing the pain).
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
May 11, 2011
123 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try heading to the dentist this weekend.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2011
3835 posts
60 upvotes
I found that if you can bear through the pain for a couple of days it might subside. If it's not an abscess then it's probably not dangerous. I am not a doctor or a dentist. Have you tried rinsing your mouth out with disinfectant?
it took about 1.5 weeks to feel normal again. If you're in doubt then go back to your dentist. There's no reason he or she would not do any extra work for free after you paid them all that money
Yeah, that seems to be the same for me. Only sometimes the pain goes away faster.

You know about the cheap metal filling controversy right? It probably doesn't cause pain, but it's something to consider too. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_amalgam_controversy
Listening to UkBassRadio NsbRadio ProtonRadio Tosi - TheCrypt

Oh... you must be a better internetter than everyone else. You get paid to be here.
× < >