None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3043 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto

Pain in back of thighs

I know this isn't really a Sports & Fitness question but I thought I might as well post here.

Background:

23, m, diabetic type 2 (taking metformin). Lost about 45 pounds from the disease since being diagnosed last Sept.

Issue:

Monday morning fell asleep at 3am (everything was fine). Woke up at 7am for work and noticed my thighs in both legs were hurting. I thought it might just be cramps so I continued on my day. By the end of the day I was in serious pain. It hurt to stand/sit. I tried a heating pad last night with no results. I prayed that this morning I would wake up feeling better.

Today it's worse. I can't straighten my legs. I can feel tingling in my knees and feet. My knees shake when I stand and the pain is almost unbearable. I spoke to a pharmacist who wasn't sure because its odd how the pain is in the same spot on both legs.

I think if the pain gets worse I will be going to the emergency, but I hate needles and don't want my blood taken :P.

Any suggestions?
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
6 replies
Oct 25, 2010
348 posts
23 upvotes
Northern Onterio
It is hard to tell for sure but im almost certain that you have "neuropathies" this is also known as Diabetic neuropathies... nerve disorders caused by diabetes

here are the signs Symptoms of nerve damage may include

-numbness, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
-wasting of the muscles of the feet or hands
-indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
-diarrhea or constipation
-dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
-problems with urination
-erectile dysfunction in men or vaginal dryness in women
-weakness

The best way to prevent neuropathy is to keep your blood glucose levels as close to the normal range as possible. Maintaining safe blood glucose levels protects nerves throughout your body
Oct 10, 2008
981 posts
12 upvotes
Did you do any sort of activities on sunday involving your legs on sunday?
Banned
Apr 27, 2010
6282 posts
444 upvotes
Help me
This is a question more appropriate for a doctor to answer.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
159 upvotes
My dad is diabetic he has the same issues with his legs. It common but I would discuss it with your dr.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3043 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I'll definitely get it checked...

New symptom...feels like a warm sensation flowing down my legs...definitely not good and its getting worse.

Trouble is I'm stuck at work (office job) and I can't leave because with it being a small office and the other technician not here, I have to be here for the calls...this chair is feeling like hell and I can't shift positions.

***EDIT***

Definitely leaving work asap. Went to the washroom and noticed one of my legs is starting to turn purple...GOD I wish I drove during a time like this...
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback