[OP]
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2991 posts
217 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Paint spatter on car

Hey everyone,

My building was repainting the exterior wall of the parking garage last year and they got paint spatter over the back and a bit on the top of my car.

They sorta just look like specks of dirt but can't be rubbed off. They don't come off in a car wash and even when trying to run down with a cloth it doesn't come off.

Is this something that could be buffed or anything else anyone might recommend to get this stuff off of my car?

Thanks everyone
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
2 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2167 posts
1577 upvotes
Ottawa
Clay bar should be able to get it off. If not, try polishing with a medium to aggressive cutting pad. As a last resort, you can try wet sanding.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7358 posts
3630 upvotes
Kootenays
Buffing should remove it if a clay bar doesn't. It really would have been easier if you had addressed it immediately, though. My current utility truck had a very bad scratch repair with the scratch outlined with masking tape that drew the eye directly to it. With a buffer and cutting compound, I managed to remove all of the paint outside of the tape and feather the edges along side of the scratch. It's infinitely better now and took all of 10 minutes. If you don't have a buffer, any detail shop should be able to do it for you.