Fashion & Apparel

Is Pajar a good Canadian brand for boots?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2018 11:47 pm
Tags:
None
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8836 posts
1545 upvotes
Somewhere
can u go try them on and take pix? thx
:confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1280 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I thought Pajar are made in China. Those ones are made in Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2002
1518 posts
116 upvotes
No, because they manufacture their boots in China now. Some Canadian models still exist and their price reflects the higher costs associated with Canadian labour.

From what I understand, their boots are actually pretty good, but the change in manufacture has affected their reputation.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
1832 posts
592 upvotes
Guelph
I bought an expensive pair from Softmock this year. Tried them on in store, felt good and liked the style.

Got home and was putting them on to go out. Ripppp, the heel part tore right down on the inside. Returned them and bought a different brand.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2580 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Here we go again!

If you're looking for a pair a pajar, go to your local winners, beyond the rack or shoeme for a better price
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1683 posts
234 upvotes
They only have 3 month warranty for everything from their boots to jackets. Every other brand is lifetime. Sounds like crap to me.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4694 posts
294 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:38 pm
They only have 3 month warranty for everything from their boots to jackets. Every other brand is lifetime. Sounds like crap to me.
Every other brand that makes boots or coats has a lifetime warranty? No. I wouldn't expect boots to last a lifetime anyway.

Pajar warranties their boots for three months and coats for 1 year against manufacturer's defects.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
16165 posts
4694 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
pajar boots seem like pretty garbage quality to me

I'd rather go with sorel if you want some massive beasts or ugg for a more casual winter boot.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11284 posts
1563 upvotes
City of Vancouver
My pajar boots failed me. One of the metal grommets or whatever for the laces came off. My toe bled when I walked 5 km in them, and boots leaked. But, they have good grip for shovelling snow on the steep-sloped sidewalk.

When I test-drove my leather Sorel boots on the same route (10km), they passed with flying colours.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4694 posts
294 upvotes
I bought a pair of (ugly) women's Columbia winter boots maybe (8?) years ago and they're amazing. They were like $50-$60 on sale, maybe the Summette style (not sure because they're older) and I hope they never die. No amount of cold or moisture ever penetrates these things and they're so light. The downside is that they're not so stylish, but I don't really care about that for shovelling, dog walking, dog park, winter forest hikes.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
1045 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 10:09 am
pajar boots seem like pretty garbage quality to me
regular price? not worth it at all but when heavily discount, doesn't hurt. they are decent. the temp rating though. one needs a thick pair of wool socks in -20C unlike sorel or ugg
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2008
4599 posts
720 upvotes
amz155 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 7:49 am
Every other brand that makes boots or coats has a lifetime warranty? No. I wouldn't expect boots to last a lifetime anyway.

Pajar warranties their boots for three months and coats for 1 year against manufacturer's defects.
That’s pretty crappy. Would not buy