None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
5498 posts
793 upvotes
Mont-Royal

Pajar winter coat: new trend?

I have been shopping for a C goose lately, but so many people around me seem to enjoy and want to get a Pajar.

How are Pajar coats? Why do people hype for it? I can see it does go on sale more than C Goose. What you think?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
39 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2007
1311 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Yo bro! CG so sick man. you should get one. But pajar even better, so much hype. It's dope bro. Next CG killer. you gonna look the best on the block.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1280 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
It's not that it's a trend. There were a ton of them on sale at Winners for like half price last month so that's why you will see them everywhere now. The Pajar stocks are probably from retailers that didn't sell well of the brand or went bankrupted and got moved to Winners. Anyhow, if you miss the Winners sale this year wait for the Bay end of season sale in January because the price will eventually drop to half. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of their over priced boots to drop in January.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2004
14360 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
People are tired of being clone troopers so they're moving en masse to a new sheep coat. It's pretty interesting to see how the preferences change in the same direction at the same time. A friend was telling me her cousin in Beijing was even requesting one of these jackets specifically as a gift from Toronto, so there must be some sort of marketing medium that's pushing them.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
16178 posts
4703 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
NixxonExxo wrote:
Dec 6th, 2015 2:09 pm
It's not that it's a trend. There were a ton of them on sale at Winners for like half price last month so that's why you will see them everywhere now. The Pajar stocks are probably from retailers that didn't sell well of the brand or went bankrupted and got moved to Winners. Anyhow, if you miss the Winners sale this year wait for the Bay end of season sale in January because the price will eventually drop to half. I'm looking forward to getting a pair of their over priced boots to drop in January.
Winners in Burlington had a bunch of pajar men's boots for $130 last weekend.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17146 posts
1918 upvotes
GTA West
Most of their coats look like style "de jour" rather than anything really classy. For the best long-term fashion value, go with classics like pea coats, top coats, IMO.

Some of their boots like really nice, though. I would have love to have tried a Strike-G which is supposedly stocked at The Bay. I went to the Square One location and their Pajar display was pitiful and they only had a small number of models. I ended up buying some Timberlands from MEC.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10286 posts
947 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Pajar at the Bay is only female coats. No mens... at all. Strange.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1280 posts
324 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Check Winners. Tons of them still on sale. Jackets that are like $500 are on for like $200.
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 10:07 am
Pajar at the Bay is only female coats. No mens... at all. Strange.
Nov 20, 2008
629 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
I hate this company really, the Canadian branding everywhere when EVERYTHING is made in China. Just like most Roots apparel.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10286 posts
947 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Parkas w/coyote fur are temp rated -40C like OSC... spoke to to their Montreal office. They said the Winners jackets are NOT the upper models like Eagle or Tyler which range from $645-$698 retail and compete against CG equivalents. They admitted they make them overseas but also say that accounts for lower pricing versus CG/OSC. The obvious... lol.

These are rated -40C
http://www.pajar.com/ca_en/men/outerwea ... ce=600-700
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7948 posts
738 upvotes
Buy pajar if it's cheap. Getting it to be different, Chinese? Need something like a parajumper, moose Krunkle, so get the waterproof lining with the down fill.

CG might be warm, but so old tech in these coats.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7948 posts
738 upvotes
cyberspyder wrote:
Dec 7th, 2015 1:56 pm
I hate this company really, the Canadian branding everywhere when EVERYTHING is made in China. Just like most Roots apparel.
So true. Just as well sew a Chinese flag on it.
Penalty Box
Aug 20, 2012
10286 posts
947 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
They said the Pajar shoes/boots are 100% made in canada... just not the coats. *welp*