• Jan 10th, 2019 11:24 pm
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
116 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto

Palladia - cancer treatment

Hi all:

My vet prescribed Palladia for treatment of mass tumors for my cat....just wondering if anyone has any familiarity with this medication and what are the success rates?

Thanks
3 replies
Sep 24, 2006
582 posts
58 upvotes
Guelph, On
I lost Crystal to mouth cancer and it was too aggressive for the drug. Also try cbd oil and chuga tea ,But if you have facebook there is an amazing cat cancer group and search the group = lots of success in the group with the group. Feline (Cat) Cancer Support Group . Good Luck.
[OP]
Jul 31, 2008
116 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Crystal. I can't imagine how difficult it might have been...hopefully, you've found some comfort by now.

Thanks for the information...will get on it.

TC
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
2980 posts
1270 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry to hear. My cat was diagnosed with metastatic mammary gland cancer last year (just 2 months after we adopted her). We consulted with the vet oncologist and their recommended treatment was palladia. They estimated my cat would live 2 to 3 months without treatment and 6 to 12 months with treatment. We opted not to treat her and just keep her comfortable with pain meds (buprenorphine and CBD oil). With treatment she would have required regular bloodwork and visits (and the vet oncologist is 45 minutes away), and there was possibility of side effects such as diarrhea with the medication. She sadly passed about 2.5 month after diagnosis. Best of luck with your baby.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)