Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Panasonic 3-Handset DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone (KXTG8053B) COLOR LCD @ BB

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2012 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 29, 2004
231 posts
93 upvotes

[Best Buy] Panasonic 3-Handset DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone (KXTG8053B) COLOR LCD @ BB

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pan ... 334312en02

Reg $139.99 on sale for 99$

DECT PLUS technology (provides enhanced quality and longer range)
Equalizer (customized sound system)
Intelligent ECO mode
Easy to see / easy to use:
- TFT colour display (High contrast ratio & vivid colour)
- Lighted keypad on handset
- Smudge free design
- Selectable wallpaper (x14)
Call block*1*2
Night mode
Non-slip handset design
Expandable up to 6 handsets*3
Ringer ID*1*4
16-Minute all digital answering system
Message counter on base unit
Visual call waiting compatible*1
4-Way conferencing with one outside line*3
Intercom between handsets
Hands-free speakerphone on handset
Shared phonebook
High quality ringer (30 melodies / 10 tones) on handset
3 handsets, 1 base and 2 chargers included
Headset jack on handset
Belt clip on handset
Wall mountable base unit and chargers
Rechargeable AAA (Ni-MH) batteries*5
ENERGY STAR® qualified

Identical to this model, except with one extra phone:
https://panasonic.ca/english/telecom/te ... G8052B.asp
21 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
I was hoping this one would have bluetooth.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2005
4905 posts
242 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I just bought the Bluetooth version. It's awesome! That feature is much more useful to me than a colour screen.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2010
1000 posts
34 upvotes
Aurora
h00ch wrote:
Nov 7th, 2011 9:36 pm
I just bought the Bluetooth version. It's awesome! That feature is much more useful to me than a colour screen.
Can you connect multiple bluetooth mobile phones at a time?
Jul 19, 2008
189 posts
22 upvotes
North York
tido88 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2011 9:59 pm
Can you connect multiple bluetooth mobile phones at a time?

Yes you can. The Panasonic cordless phones that I have can connect 2 cell phones as well as a land line.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
1996 posts
188 upvotes
North York
h00ch wrote:
Nov 7th, 2011 9:36 pm

If I have a long distance plan on my cell phone, could I make calls through this phone using my cell phones long distance plan? I have the Wind miracle plan - free long distance in Can and USA.
Mar 18, 2003
467 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
sheriffabc wrote:
Nov 8th, 2011 12:05 am
If I have a long distance plan on my cell phone, could I make calls through this phone using my cell phones long distance plan? I have the Wind miracle plan - free long distance in Can and USA.

Yes, you can. You can make and receive cell phone calls via the cordless phone (using bluetooth).
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1279 posts
87 upvotes
Can you set different colours on screen for different callers? i.e. red screen when family calling; blue for work, etc..?
[OP]
Jan 29, 2004
231 posts
93 upvotes
erfans wrote:
Nov 8th, 2011 12:24 am
not the same models...doesn't even have answering machine. I suggest you edit your post :D

You are correct! I coudlnt find the best model on the Panasonic website :-(
Mar 10, 2004
156 posts
1 upvote
I'm just trying to understand the advantage of having bluetooth on your home phone. Currently I just call forward my cell phone to my home line when I am in the house. What sort of advantages would using the bluetooth option have over this? Someone above mentioned using a long distance plan from the cell phone while talking on the home phone, but if you normally only make local calls what other advantages would there be?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1012 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
Da Jin wrote:
Nov 8th, 2011 11:34 am
I'm just trying to understand the advantage of having bluetooth on your home phone. Currently I just call forward my cell phone to my home line when I am in the house. What sort of advantages would using the bluetooth option have over this? Someone above mentioned using a long distance plan from the cell phone while talking on the home phone, but if you normally only make local calls what other advantages would there be?
So many..

- If you DON'T have a land line, then you can use this cordless for your cell.
- You can make 2 calls simultaneously from the handsets - one on cell, one on land line. With your forwarding method, if someone calls your cell, both your cell and your land line become busy. Or if you're calling out on your land line, someone calling your cell will also get a busy tone.
- You don't have to manually forward/unforward your phone. Your cell connects/disconnects automatically to the cordless phone when it's in/out of range. With my cell, it disconnects when I go into my garage to leave home (as it's just out of range), and then voila, connects automatically to my hands free device in my car. And then when I get home, automatically connects to my phone system after it disconnects from my car. I never have to touch my phone.

If that isn't enough, I don't know what is...

I would second the Bluetooth feature over the color screen, which IMHO is gimmicky.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1072 posts
135 upvotes
Kanata
SleepyGSR wrote:
Nov 8th, 2011 12:34 am
Yes, you can. You can make and receive cell phone calls via the cordless phone (using bluetooth).

I have the 7644 model and it's rock stable on 1hr+ LD calls placed through the cell.
Note though the call quality using the cell cannot and will not be the same as land line.
clem24 wrote: I would second the Bluetooth feature over the color screen, which IMHO is gimmicky.
Maybe useful for someone who can see with their ears while holding the headset :)
To be or not to be...where is the question?
× < >