20495 posts
141353 upvotes
GTA

Panasonic Massage Chair (EP-MA03K) - $1799.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Panasonic
Panasonic has this massage chair on sale for $1799.99. Don't know a whole lot about massage chairs, but this price seems to be about half of what other places online are selling it for.

https://shopping.panasonic.ca/products/ ... f5&lang=en
24 replies
Jul 2, 2008
176 posts
44 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 8:21 am
looks like a bad one.

Most of them are bad. You need to go with the brand name. Better motor and design.
which brands? i am not too familiar with massage chairs
Sep 18, 2016
109 posts
100 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
looks like a bad one.

Most of them are bad. You need to go with the brand name. Better motor and design.
Panasonic used to be the go to for massage chair brands before Osim took over the market in HK.

Edit: Hence #2 or 3 is still a good brand even if not #1.
Last edited by enfinityx2 on Nov 23rd, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5302 posts
1079 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thatdealguy wrote:
looks like a bad one.

Panasonic is a top brand in massage chairs
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3877 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thatdealguy wrote:
looks like a bad one.

Panasonic is not a brand name? LOL...... what have you been smoking?
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3877 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto, ON
enfinityx2 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 9:32 am
Panasonic used to be the go to for massage chair brands before Osim took over the market in HK.
I still wouldn't call them "bad" by any stretch, they just haven't put much money into developing new gimmicks or marketing as those two O brands.
Nov 21, 2015
180 posts
34 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote:
looks like a bad one.

I almost spill my coffee.. You are such a Costco bias lol
Sep 18, 2016
109 posts
100 upvotes
er34er34 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 9:47 am
I still wouldn't call them "bad" by any stretch, they just haven't put much money into developing new gimmicks or marketing as those two O brands.
100% not calling them bad, quite the opposite. Just because it's not #1 doesn't mean it's not a known and reputed brand. It might be #2 or 3 right now, but that's still great.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
3919 posts
1527 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:26 am
Once you sit in an OSIM, you can’t go back. Especially the one that also massages your head.
Nah they are the same.

It is the damn motor that go through your body. It has not improved much in the last decade.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3877 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 10:26 am
Once you sit in an OSIM, you can’t go back. Especially the one that also massages your head.
Was it a black OSIM?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2810 posts
1381 upvotes
Calgary
for those who dont have thousands to drop on a high tech massage chair, let me suggest some very cheap solutions. as a reasonably fit (IMO ofcos) & active male, one of the best tool/s for your tight stiff aching muscles (NO I'm not recommending a Hitachi MagicWand atleast in this application Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) is the extra firm foam roller. IMHO, from personal experience, a low tech extra firm foam roller is THE BEST therapy for my back.

I got my TriggerPoint Grid Roller for $25 or so (Amazon deal) & short of having a personal shiatsu (thai style is my fav) masseuse on call, it's been the best thang for my back ever! I roll my back 1st thing in the mornings, mid days, before bed, before/after workouts & generally anytime I want. To round it out, combine an xtra firm roller with a foot massage ball (ie. lacrosse ball), I have almost 80% of my general needs covered.

There's tons of youtube vids on how to use those implements so try it out. It's cheap, it's easy & best of all, unlike most gadgets, it actually works...short term & long term. The only caveat being is one does have to be reasonably flexible to get into the positions to use them so it might not work so well for the older folks.

That said, I'm not making any judgments on this particular chair so pardon the OT rant but I hope this info can help some peeps.
Jul 30, 2008
114 posts
71 upvotes
Hello. Scotsum's words are wise. Massage chairs are pretty niche and are really an extravagant product. That said... I bought one for myself. I did a lot of research, which involved sitting in a whole lot of chairs getting a whole lot of massages. lol. Here are my thoughts -

First - the panasonic deal is good. At Visions, the same chair is $3300 on sale. The chair itself (EPMA03K) gets good reviews. So if that's what your price range is, then it's good value. However, I encourage you to try it. Visions should have it on the floor, so if you can withstand going into that place (which I hate), then do it. Chances are they will price match there too. Panasonic as a brand of massage chairs is an old staple. But as many here have said, they have not put much into making their chairs better in a while. That said, they have good warranties and their top models are still made in Japan. The only other massage chair manufacturer that is still made in Japan is Inada. The rest are made in China or maybe Malaysia. So, Panasonic IS a good brand.

Second - I ended up getting an OSIM. It did the most work to my neck and shoulders, and I loved it. It was NOT cheap though. I got the uLove. I also tried some OTO chairs which did a lot of other things better (feet and bum) but ultimately the OSIM chair fit my problem areas. I also tried uKnead (Youneed) chairs - they were not as well put together and the components felt poor.

Finally, researching this stuff online involved going to obscure Singaporean websites that had Singaporean style English (Ok lar!). The rest of the websites were just thinly veiled advertising. So, if you're SERIOUS about getting a chair, try a bunch. It's a pretty relaxing experience!