Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Panasonic ST/VT/ZT Series Plasma Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2014 6:03 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 22, 2008
226 posts
22 upvotes
mau_mau wrote: do you get any type of extended warranty with your credit card?
maybe, probably the standard 1 year, but I would have to be responsible with the shipping charges etc, if something was wrong. I didn't want to go that way. I usually set a limit of anything that is $1000 and up, @ BB/FS I get the extend plan. Better peace of mind for a worry-wart like me. For example if I had gotten the S60 ($775) I probably would not of gotten the extended warranty plan.

I guess I could still go back and have that removed from my bill, if I see that I am not interested in it.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
135 upvotes
wozman24 wrote: maybe, probably the standard 1 year, but I would have to be responsible with the shipping charges etc, if something was wrong. I didn't want to go that way. I usually set a limit of anything that is $1000 and up, @ BB/FS I get the extend plan. Better peace of mind for a worry-wart like me. For example if I had gotten the S60 ($775) I probably would not of gotten the extended warranty plan.

I guess I could still go back and have that removed from my bill, if I see that I am not interested in it.
Think it over for a few days, if you can afford the warranty then go for it but as a former employee of BB, we are not always so keen to keep our word.
Dec 8, 2006
622 posts
328 upvotes
Scarborough
I'd go for a squaretrade from Costco...not sure if it as to be something bought there though
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
History repeats. Some of the best TVs out there to go dodo like when I bought my Kuro.

Do you guys think prices will stay high due to demand or will they eventually clear out?
Oct 8, 2006
142 posts
5 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: History repeats. Some of the best TVs out there to go dodo like when I bought my Kuro.

Do you guys think prices will stay high due to demand or will they eventually clear out?
They should eventually clear out, but the Kuro's were a special case. Even these newest Panasonics are just barely beating them on black levels, 4 years later.

I'd like to get a VT or ZT because they're newer/thinner/fancier/3D/etc. but I'd have a hard time justifying anything when I still have a perfectly good Pro-101FD (from August 2009) sitting at home. OLED TVs are still years away from being affordable, and good LCDs are prevalent and cheap. I don't know if I'm as discerning about picture quality as I was back in 2007/2008/2009 (when "cheap" LCDs were awful) -- I think I'm more likely to want a good projector setup nowadays.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Good points and same thinking here. I'm haunted by the fact my 50" Kuro seems small now, lol
Apr 27, 2005
407 posts
77 upvotes
Montreal
I had a hard time finding the 65" ST60 in Montreal.
Best buy and Futureshop are completely out of new ones in all of Montreal (i was told).
I managed to get one at Centre Hi fi (Audio Video 2001 in Ontario) for ~$3000.00 Tax included with a 4 year warranty.
The best price the rep was willing to give me without the warranty was $2314 (including EHF)

Apparently, they still have many in stock.
I am picking up my tv today.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2009
5768 posts
3612 upvotes
re:dodo

I thought I read that while Panasonic have stopped all Plasma development, they are not yet stopping production and will continue to produce current models into 2014. SO I dont see why there arent more of the 60 inch ST60's available in Canada.
Apr 15, 2005
30 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
fdl wrote: re:dodo

I thought I read that while Panasonic have stopped all Plasma development, they are not yet stopping production and will continue to produce current models into 2014. SO I dont see why there arent more of the 60 inch ST60's available in Canada.
Panasonic has officially announced that they will stop producing plasmas in March 2014. They have already stopped producing the smaller 40" S60.

The 60ST60s are in extreme demand because they received STELLAR reviews from just about everybody (google it). It is noted especially as a sweet spot for a "lowish" price for really superior quality). The VT and ZT are of course ranked higher, but they are MUCH pricier ($1000-3000 for similar sizes)

I did snag an 60ST60 a few weeks ago and I am THRILLED with the set. It holds up to all I have read and is really lovely.

As for the people hunting for deals. I was able to get the 60ST60 from Sears (I had some gift cards for them as well) for $1699 by price-matching SIG Electronics online price. SIG has stopped selling the ST60 line, likely because of tight supply. This is the lowest advertised price I saw in Canada and I have been watching since May. I ordered in September and I did have to wait 6 weeks to get the set.

Price matching is tricky because no one has them in stock (a price match requirement from many retailers.) A friend of mine was offered similar pricing at 2001 Audio Video (they had stock at the time......September).

That said Boss Sound is advertising the 60ST60 at $1749.

http://www.bosssound.ca/products/1693-p ... 0st60.aspx

Good luck.
Dec 1, 2013
80 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
Just tried my lucky at a local Future Shop and asked him to price match a couple deals from here. It's backordered and I'll have to wait til the 9th but:

1) TCP55ST60 - he would do $1399
2) TCP60ST60 - $1699

Are those prices good enough to pull the trigger?
Dec 8, 2006
622 posts
328 upvotes
Scarborough
The prices I'm seeing are staying pretty firm. No manufactuer's discount for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Best buy, Futureshop wouldn't budge much on price for me until I offered to buy 4. I REALLY wish I knew what their "store cost" is.
Sep 16, 2008
330 posts
62 upvotes
I feel I got lucky and got a 2012 TCP 60GT50 for 1499 open box at the futureshop VIP sale. It's THX certifided and I love it. They only had one in the store. Felt like I found a Gem in the pile that everyone passed on :)
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
adDiction wrote: I feel I got lucky and got a 2012 TCP 60GT50 for 1499 open box at the futureshop VIP sale. It's THX certifided and I love it. They only had one in the store. Felt like I found a Gem in the pile that everyone passed on :)
Great price on an awesome set!
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2056 posts
3874 upvotes
Keep an eye on London Drugs. They had the 55ST60 for $1299 and it seemed to be in store only. Nothing in the flyer and even the website showed the regular price of $1599. This is the same as their last years Boxing Day sale of the 55ST50. This was chain wide as I saw this deal at a couple of LD and saw a post in another RFD thread.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
th3alchemist wrote: Just tried my lucky at a local Future Shop and asked him to price match a couple deals from here. It's backordered and I'll have to wait til the 9th but:

1) TCP55ST60 - he would do $1399
2) TCP60ST60 - $1699

Are those prices good enough to pull the trigger?
Considering the sale price in the US is $200 less, I'd say yes with all the fees, time, gas and non warranty associated with buying there. I think it will rarely be those prices you listed at BB/FS in Canada unless it was pm'd.
Nov 23, 2012
4 posts
CALEDON
Hey Guys,

There are great deals on panasonic.com, especially for the the ZT. Do you guys think it is worthwhile to get the ZT60 for $2649 and ship it to Detroit where I have family? Do you know how much tax I'd have to pay bringing it over the border? Or would you expect a similar type of deal in Canada during boxing day?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
2020 posts
165 upvotes
Vaughan
amrits07 wrote: Hey Guys,

There are great deals on panasonic.com, especially for the the ZT. Do you guys think it is worthwhile to get the ZT60 for $2649 and ship it to Detroit where I have family? Do you know how much tax I'd have to pay bringing it over the border? Or would you expect a similar type of deal in Canada during boxing day?
With almost no stock in Canada for 65VT60 and 65ZT60 I don't expect any deals.
If shipping is free to your family in Detroit then all you can expect to pay at the border is 13% HST plus expenses to drive there (it's huge box, you need a van) and get it here.
There will be no warranty in Canada, but saving of close to 2k seems to cover for it.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Comes to mind:

CBI type service in Detroit?
2.5% CC fee unless you use a US CC
Exchange rate
Illinois tax
13% HST
Personal time and expense
No CDN warranty
Custom fees if the box says "Made in (overseas)"? <<< can someone comment on this

Inconvenience if a problem with the TV and need to exchange
Jul 6, 2009
828 posts
522 upvotes
fooit wrote: With almost no stock in Canada for 65VT60 and 65ZT60 I don't expect any deals.
All the places I talked to had stock of the VT left, some had dozens of them. I agree they won't likely be discounted anyway since stock of the ST has essentially dried up and there will be enough people out there wanting a higher end plasma panel to spring for the VT.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)