Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Panasonic ST/VT/ZT Series Plasma Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2014 6:03 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 23, 2012
4 posts
CALEDON
I think I'm going to end up ordering it from the US then. I thought there would be sales during boxing day, but based on what you guys are saying it seems like they are just sellling off inventory at existing prices.
Dec 22, 2008
226 posts
22 upvotes
th3alchemist wrote: Just tried my lucky at a local Future Shop and asked him to price match a couple deals from here. It's backordered and I'll have to wait til the 9th but:

1) TCP55ST60 - he would do $1399
2) TCP60ST60 - $1699

Are those prices good enough to pull the trigger?
I think so, face it its only going to get more and more slim out there for these "sets" I took the plunge 2 weeks ago, (I think you are using my quote for the TCP55ST60 @ $1399) Going thru the "slide process" right now, 100hrs worth, to break it in. :D And I am already an owner of a Pioneer Kuro 5020, and I remember the month after the purchase of that model, Pioneer stopped production, and everyone was going nuts. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
2020 posts
165 upvotes
Vaughan
Citizen Bmac wrote: All the places I talked to had stock of the VT left, some had dozens of them. I agree they won't likely be discounted anyway since stock of the ST has essentially dried up and there will be enough people out there wanting a higher end plasma panel to spring for the VT.
IMHO, with big players like FS and BB OOS in ON, they are the only ones that one could hope for a dream discount on Boxing day.
Why would anybody else offer you a dream price when they have what, 3-4 units in stock?
Oct 15, 2008
40 posts
BB Canada wouldn't budge on VT60 price. BB USA selling 60VT60 for $2k, Amazon com price is $1850 today. You may be better off going across the border.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Did you try in-store?
Negotiate to spend a few hundred more, whether on warranty, calibration (my 2 least favourite), or electronic equipment/fillers, they might do it.
Commonly, they can't pm US prices 1:1.
Oct 15, 2008
40 posts
Try both BB and FS in-store. FS willing to go to $2,600 60VT60 back in mid Nov. TV only , no accessories etc. BB did not budge. I don't expect 1:1 PM, but at least close to or hundreds above USA price that make it worthwhile to buy in Canada. As supply dry up in Ontario, I don't expect price to drop.
Good luck to those hunting for ST or VT.
Dec 1, 2013
80 posts
29 upvotes
Edmonton
th3alchemist wrote: Just tried my lucky at a local Future Shop and asked him to price match a couple deals from here. It's backordered and I'll have to wait til the 9th but:

1) TCP55ST60 - he would do $1399
2) TCP60ST60 - $1699

Are those prices good enough to pull the trigger?
Update: Purchased the TCP60ST60 - $1699

If anyone needs the receipt feel free to PM me.
Oct 15, 2007
17 posts
Purchased a Panasonic TCP60VT60 @ Visions with default warranty.
I pricematched with bhvideo, which had it on for US $1999 + $370 shipping.
abesofmaine.com shows US $1799 but shipping to Canada is approx. $350 - $400 (i called them to confirm).
Factoring in current exchange rate, taxes, possible duties, no canadian warranty, and shipping times made me pull the trigger.

Still on the fence between this and the samsung F8500 but i will see how the pana looks shortly.
Dec 2, 2007
362 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
gracelandheightz wrote: Purchased a Panasonic TCP60VT60 @ Visions with default warranty.
I pricematched with bhvideo, which had it on for US $1999 + $370 shipping.
abesofmaine.com shows US $1799 but shipping to Canada is approx. $350 - $400 (i called them to confirm).
Did you email or call Visions to pricematch and what price did you end up paying at Visions? Also, it would seem that abesofmaine ($1799 + 400) would be cheaper than b&hvideo at ($1999 + 370) so did Visions refuse to PM abesofmaine? I am on the fence on whether to get a VT or ZT. It is going in a living room with some ambient light so I read that the ZT does better in a brighter room than a VT. Was anyone able to compare both tvs in a lighted environment?

I just read something on avsforums that early productions of the VT or ZT (July 2013 or earlier) may have a fan noise issue that was fixed on August and later production models by installing foam strips beneath the fans to reduce vibrations.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1478361/panas ... on-numbers

Has any owners of the new VT or ZT noticed any fan noise from their seating position?
Jun 7, 2008
4 posts
Toronto
abstract808 wrote: Also in the market for a 60ST60, but stock is very low across the board (at least in Mississauga) so it doesn't look like anybody's discounting them under $1899. Really kicking myself for not getting one earlier! I did find a 60VT60 for $2599, which is a pretty decent discount, but it's a bit over my budget.

Anybody seen this price or better lately the best I have found is $2699. I know the US is much cheaper but if it can be had for less than this it definitely narrows the benefit of crossing the border to pick it up. I really want to have the factory warranty on the TV.
Dec 2, 2007
362 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
I pulled the trigger and bought the ZT 65 inch from a local retailer just before Christmas. It is replacing my 50 inch Elite PRO-101FD in my living room. Blacks are similar to the Kuro except out of the box, it appears a bit dimmer. After using D-Nice's slides and using his ISF Day and Night Modes, it does look better than the default THX modes and the brightness is comparable to the Kuro. It handles motion better than the Kuro but I would say that the Kuro's picture quality would hold its own against the ZT. Also, shadow details are better in the ZT because the Kuro's tended to compress the blacks so some detail in the shadows may have been lost. The biggest advantage for me is that I don't lose the picture quality of the Kuro but gain 15 inches. There is a slight fan noise which is noticeable when you are fast forwarding when there is zero noise in the room. When watching content from 10 - 12 feet, I don't notice it. I did not hear any fans from my Kuro.

Overall, I am quite happy with this TV and hopefully I can enjoy it for a few years before I can get my hands on a UHD OLED TV. I think I will skip the UHD LCD TVs altogether. However, I am not blown away by this TV as much as I was by the Kuro in 2009 which was way ahead of its time in picture quality. I am glad that I was able to buy and enjoy the last and best of the Panasonic Plasmas ever made.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)