• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2012 12:15 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 14, 2011
4 posts

Panasonic TC-P50ST30 and Netflix and Skype

Hi,

We just picked up a Panasonic TC-P50ST30 and has it set up but I think Netflix isn't available in Canada on Panasonic TVs (from what I read) and to Skype, we have to have a webcam which seems to be discontinued (model TY-CC10W). We got this model for the wifi features thinking those are the 2 things we would like to have have. Now what can I do? Don't have a laptop (yet) so can I still watch Netflix? And can I use any brand webcam?

Thank you.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
hipmaman wrote: Hi,

We just picked up a Panasonic TC-P50ST30 and has it set up but I think Netflix isn't available in Canada on Panasonic TVs (from what I read) and to Skype, we have to have a webcam which seems to be discontinued (model TY-CC10W). We got this model for the wifi features thinking those are the 2 things we would like to have have. Now what can I do? Don't have a laptop (yet) so can I still watch Netflix? And can I use any brand webcam?

Thank you.

In order to watch NetFlix (Canadian service) you need to subscribe to it.

https://signup.netflix.com/?mqso=800276 ... 7374950101

Once you have a valid subscription, you'll have to "program " the subscription info on the initial connection through the tv.

As far as Skype, any usb webcam will work with your tv. You do not need to purchase "only" Panasonic webcams. That's one of the nice things with "Smart" tv's.
May 6, 2008
56 posts
Toronto
@hipmaman

I'm looking to pick up this tv. Where did you find it?
Mar 14, 2011
4 posts
Silent_Jay wrote: I'm looking to pick up this tv. Where did you find it?
We bought ours at Sears on Boxing Day. No line up or anything like that :) It is a beautiful TV, especially with HD channels.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)