Pandora Jewelery Best Price!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2012 5:09 pm
Tags:
Jul 20, 2009
136 posts
73 upvotes

Pandora Jewelery Best Price!

This is my story of how I bought a Pandora Bracelet and charms online and saved $650+ over buying it in Canada.

Background.
I wanted to get my significant other something special to celebrate our anniversary. She had dropped some hints in the past that she wanted to get a Pandora Bracelet.

Crashing Reality
When I went to the Pandora.net website I was shocked at the prices. The bracelet I wanted to get her would have cost me $1375 + 12% HST = $1540 CAD if I bought in Canada. The same bracelet in the US would have cost me $1170 USD. (I had a trip to Las Vegas planned with friends so I would not have had to pay taxes with 48 hour $800 exemption.) I went online and tried to find a cheaper option, however, I found that most of the Pandora sites on the internet are scams.

A New Hope
I finally came across this site : http://www.charmsaddict.com. That site had a link to a website for a company based in Odense, Denmark that sells authentic Pandora jewelery. That site is http://perlenodense.dk/. I priced out the same bracelet as above and the total came to $882.50 CAD! (If you change the currency to CAD they will charge your credit card in CAD) The company even offers free tracked shipping if you order over $440 USD.

** Please note, the prices on the Pelen website, automatically include a 25% Value Added Tax. This tax will be removed when you checkout and ship it outside Denmark. So just divide the prices by 1.25 to get the price you will actually pay.

The Tax Man Strikes Back
Therefore I bought the bracelet from that site and had it shipped to my home - right? -- WRONG.
Of course things are not that simple. If I had the bracelet shipped into Canada, I would have had to pay duty on it as well as HST and the dreaded Canada Post customs handling fee! :(

Return of the RedflagDeal Jedi
So here is what I did. I purchased the bracelet from http://perlenodense.dk and SHIPPED IT TO THE USA. The US does not apply duty to jewelery with a value of less than $2000. My flight to Vegas was from Bellingham, so on the way back home, I picked up the bracelet (from http://www.hagensofblaine.com) , declared it and payed no taxes!

FYI Here is the Pandora bracelet I bought. You can check out the current prices at the site above.

Pandora - Everlasting love
Pandora - I love you w. Gold Heart 14kt
Pandora - Amethyst Love Knot
790371AM
Pandora - Clip w. Gold Hearts 14 ct
Pandora - Clip w. Gold and Pink Saphire
790382PSA
Pandora - Bouquet of Flowers
Pandora - He Loves Me w. Diamond 0,03ct
790541D
Pandora – Safety chain 5 cm.
Pandora - Hearts of gold
Pandora - Silver Bracelet w Gold Lock, 14 ct Gold 18 cm.
590702-18

The End!
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
Good job ...... rfd success story
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Sep 10, 2007
227 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
I'm in the exact same boat as you, my only problem is that I don't have any trips to the US planned. What options do I have then to try and get a deal on these? I live in Calgary, AB and I'm trying to have it for our anniversary on Oct 9. We had thought about doing a quick roadtrip down to the US for our anniversary to do some shopping and a couple bed and breakfasts but nothing solidly planned yet. Any suggestions?
Sep 10, 2007
227 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary
I'm also noticing that the prices aren't really all that different, sure I might save $100-120 but is that really worth it when you factor in shipping and gas to pick it up and everything.

I don't know if it's all that feasable for the bracelet I want to get as I'm not looking to spend more than $300-400 to start as I'm sure she'll want to add charms over time, pick her own, etc
Jul 20, 2009
136 posts
73 upvotes
Please remember, there is a 25% tax included on http://perlenodense.dk prices. The VAT tax is not applicable when shipping outside of Denmark. The website shows the prices with the tax added!

For example, if you add a Pandora charm (790200) to the shopping cart, it will say the price is 70,42.
However it will also state "Of which VAT: 14,09 CAD."

The total cost is actually $70.42-$14.09 = $56.33.

Compare that to the price in Canada which is $85 + 12 %HST (in BC) = $95.20.

I will update my original post to reflect this.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6905 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
This coming weekend's promotion is spend $100 get a free silver bracelet for both US and $150 Canada. One of the best time for people to start or get a backup bracelet! :cheesygri

Prices are slightly chepaer in the US vs Canada. For most charms it's $5-10 more in Canada. Ones I like have been consistantly $10 more in Canada. I go to the US often enough that I just buy it there vs in Canada.

I'll check later if Perlenodense.dk is a authorize retailer. If they are not authorize you don't get warranty.