Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
August 9, 2018
Retailer:
Papa John's Pizza
More offers from Papa John's Pizza
Get 50% off any regular menu priced pizzas all day today. Get as many pizzas as you need to feed your team, just add the promo code SPLASH50CA for each pizza and save a bundle.

Offer available Online Only
34 replies
May 24, 2012
204 posts
239 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
Thanks OP for the post, but I have such a sour taste from this company after all the thing their founder did. I know he is gone, but there are things you cannot get rid of easily.
Il n'y a pas des sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l’esprit
Feb 21, 2018
70 posts
82 upvotes
NickC05 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:45 pm
Why you should or shouldn't eat here: CEO controversy
Ahhh shoot, code works for me. Would have been my first time trying Papa John's tillnyou posted this... Oh wellFace With Cold SweatDisappointed But Relieved FaceFace With Cold SweatDisappointed But Relieved Face
Proud Sodomite 😋
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1650 posts
675 upvotes
North Vancouver
Sweet, thanks OP! Works in North Van.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Jun 30, 2016
60 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
zatoitche wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:43 pm
Thanks OP for the post, but I have such a sour taste from this company after all the thing their founder did. I know he is gone, but there are things you cannot get rid of easily.
This may be a bit too off topic for a RFD post but I think this is an interesting and worthwhile conversation to have. While I agree what the CEO said was reprehensible, is it appropriate to pass judgement on an entire company for a single person? It's fine and dandy to take a stance of moral outrage against a person's actions, but I would respectfully suggest that there are many other companies that you and I likely enjoy and support who are more morally corrupt on the whole than Papa John's, even if we don't know it. This could be in terms of how they deceive and manipulate consumers, how they treat their employees, how they farm out work to sweat shops and child labour, how they hide profits in offshore accounts instead of paying taxes that could help people, how they fund questionable organizations, etc. If we could lay bare the sins of every company, then I wonder how many virtuous companies would be left for us to from which to purchase products.

Full disclosure: I've never tried Papa John's pizza, but this event wouldn't stop me from doing so.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1257 posts
436 upvotes
That's too bad, because PJ pizza is one of the better chains. I rarely buy any pizza though.
PJ's has half price promos every week. I don't think I would stop buying it because of one guy.
May 24, 2012
204 posts
239 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
ManlyStanley wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:21 pm
This may be a bit too off topic for a RFD post but I think this is an interesting and worthwhile conversation to have. While I agree what the CEO said was reprehensible, is it appropriate to pass judgement on an entire company for a single person? It's fine and dandy to take a stance of moral outrage against a person's actions, but I would respectfully suggest that there are many other companies that you and I likely enjoy and support who are more morally corrupt on the whole than Papa John's, even if we don't know it. This could be in terms of how they deceive and manipulate consumers, how they treat their employees, how they farm out work to sweat shops and child labour, how they hide profits in offshore accounts instead of paying taxes that could help people, how they fund questionable organizations, etc. If we could lay bare the sins of every company, then I wonder how many virtuous companies would be left for us to from which to purchase products.

Full disclosure: I've never tried Papa John's pizza, but this event wouldn't stop me from doing so.
Lots of respect for how you conduct your argument. I agree with you that there are many companies that we enjoy and support that are corrupt at the core, but there is a difference: Papa John's was the face of the company Papa John's; If the company was called something else it might not have had such an impact. For example, nobody can deny the talent of Kevin Spacey, but I am no longer able to sit down and watch any of his movies/shows. It is all in the PR ..... keep an eye on Elon Musk if you want to know how crazy that can get?
Last edited by zatoitche on Aug 8th, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Il n'y a pas des sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l’esprit
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
3026 posts
2546 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
ManlyStanley wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:21 pm

Typical whataboutism. Lots of people already don't support companies they find objectionable. They call it ethical consumerism, fwiw.

Can we please have a sticky on PJ's weekly specials and the provinces they work for? Instead of these same discussions on every new thread?
Jun 30, 2016
60 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:50 pm
Typical whataboutism. Lots of people already don't support companies they find objectionable. They call it ethical consumerism, fwiw.

Can we please have a sticky on PJ's weekly specials and the provinces they work for? Instead of these same discussions on every new thread?
Sorry, this isn't "whataboutism". I'm not trying to discredit anybody's feelings or position on the matter. I would even say I understand where people are coming from and why they are boycotting the company. I think you missed my point, and perhaps that's because I didn't explain it clearly enough for you and made you feel attacked unintentionally, but my point wasn't that people are hypocrites. Quite frankly, we're all hypocrites in one way or another, myself included. I'll admit that I refuse to buy Nestle products because of their business practices, but then I can't stop myself from buying an iPhone and name brand sneakers. I was genuinely curious how many companies have a clean moral slate, and am concerned that not many do. Is there a good site for ethical consumerism that you would recommend with alternatives for good quality products that have a... gosh, what would you call it... a low "immorality" footprint?
Oct 17, 2009
722 posts
1258 upvotes
ManlyStanley wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 4:17 pm
Sorry, this isn't "whataboutism". I'm not trying to discredit anybody's feelings or position on the matter. I would even say I understand where people are coming from and why they are boycotting the company. I think you missed my point, and perhaps that's because I didn't explain it clearly enough for you and made you feel attacked unintentionally, but my point wasn't that people are hypocrites. Quite frankly, we're all hypocrites in one way or another, myself included. I'll admit that I refuse to buy Nestle products because of their business practices, but then I can't stop myself from buying an iPhone and name brand sneakers. I was genuinely curious how many companies have a clean moral slate, and am concerned that not many do. Is there a good site for ethical consumerism that you would recommend with alternatives for good quality products that have a... gosh, what would you call it... a low "immorality" footprint?
I'm more in the camp of hoping people try to do their best to buy ethically. Even if we all choose where are particular stands are, take one?
I loooove Papa Johns, but after all of this crap, I find it hard to enjoy it so I'll find another pizza place that doesn't have such a knob as a CEO.

Also, this isn't, uh, really a deal? Or if it is, you can basically get up to 50% off pizza on the app every day in BC. I don't think I've ever purchased PJs at full price.
Dec 5, 2011
46 posts
17 upvotes
TORONTO
More importantly, the pizza is crap. Long Dominoes
Jun 30, 2016
60 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
zatoitche wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 3:41 pm
Lots of respect to how you conduct your argument. I agree with you that there are many companies that we enjoy and support that are corrupt at the core, but there is a difference: Papa Jones was the face of the company Papa Jones; If the company was called something else it might not have had such an impact. For example, nobody can deny the talent of Kevin Spacey, but I am no longer able to sit down and watch any of his movies/shows. It is all in the PR ..... keep an eye on Elon Musk if you want to know how crazy that can get?
Thanks. I'm really not trying to strongly argue anything, just interested in seeing what perspectives other people have. I agree, having the head of a company or even its spokesperson (e.g. Jared from Subway) commit horrible acts has a much bigger impact on their image than, say, a low level employee doing the same. I don't eat at Subway but it was for other reasons before the whole Jared fiasco. But back to your point, I think you are absolutely correct that it comes down to PR image. And it will be interesting to see how things unfold with Elon Musk.

As for Kevin Spacey, I feel the same way. I don't want to support somebody who would behave in such a way. I think there's something to be said for separating the artist from the art, but with movies and TV that's much harder to do because you see and hear the person and can't help but think about what you know.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
NickC05 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 1:45 pm
Why you should or shouldn't eat here: CEO controversy
They also turned into SJWs banning the guy from his own company. Turning food into politics, just lol.

This is a good deal, but I don't find the pizza that good. If you want good food for the same effect, there's a Chick Fil A at the YYC airport. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2063 posts
279 upvotes
York
drifterTO wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 4:28 pm
More importantly, the pizza is crap. Long Dominoes
You must have lower standards then. No comparison IMO. Dominoes cheaps out on everything now.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."