Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Papa John's Pizza

50% off ALL Papa John's Pizzas

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2018 3:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
betercallsaul wrote: I'm probably gonna offend some people but I still love Kevin Spacey and his work, and would care less if touched a few people inappropriately. I would equally care less whether the CEO used offensive language to decide whether or not I want to eat their pizza. Unfortunately every time I've had Papa John's it was unsatisfactory. For me Papa Johns, Pizza 73 and Pizza Hut are "not eating unless starving" tier, and Dominos is in the "it'll do I guess" tier.
Opposite for me...

Dominos for me = i'll eat @ 7-11 before them (not kidding, i actually prefer the pizza @ 7-11 over Dominos here lol). Only way i'll eat at Dominos is if they pay me. Pizza Hut are ok but mostly i only eat there if friends wants to eat there (since some of my old high school friends love pizza hut). Papa John is really the only one of the three i will order from because i want to (and actually the pizza place i order from most with Costco being a distant 2nd).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
BobSagget wrote: I don't think I've had Papa Johns since the days when they used to have those NFL promos which were based on the scores of certain games on the previous Sunday (forget exactly how it worked). Sometimes the discounts were like 65% off lol. They made sure to change that promo pretty quick and started capping the discount at 50%.

Ever since I learnt about Skip The Dishes and their $10 off codes, I've been ordering pizza through them from local pizza places. The deals are usually way better than Papa Johns even with 50% off.
That was a couple years ago tho i'm not sure if it went to 65% before? If it did i missed it since games generally don't run pass 60 (or really pass 55) lol. The difference pre and post cap really is a few % so its not a huge deal tbh. Last year they actually had 50% every monday instead of high score.
Oct 11, 2016
537 posts
619 upvotes
I think each location is different, there's a dominos near me that consistently makes decent pizzas unlike another dominos near me which was substandard. So I guess it's really hard to compare. The chain that I will say makes decent pies every time is Panago but their a lot more expensive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5308 posts
3779 upvotes
Vancouver
betercallsaul wrote: I think each location is different, there's a dominos near me that consistently makes decent pizzas unlike another dominos near me which was substandard. So I guess it's really hard to compare. The chain that I will say makes decent pies every time is Panago but their a lot more expensive.
I agree except the 3 i tried during 50% promo were all very bad (the only @ Kingsway/Knight being the worst) that i pretty much wrote them off. Of course based on Dominos thread, its also suggest that Dominos skim the toppings during a promo so that could be a reason. Still my experience with 2 Papajohns (Kingsway and the one near Willingdon) have both been fine while Dominos hasn't.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
Paigne wrote: That was a couple years ago tho i'm not sure if it went to 65% before? If it did i missed it since games generally don't run pass 60 (or really pass 55) lol. The difference pre and post cap really is a few % so its not a huge deal tbh. Last year they actually had 50% every monday instead of high score.
It was actually a lot further back than that.
I found this Papa Johns post way back in 2013 when they had just started capping the discount at 50% (I even commented about it down in the thread lol).
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/papa-joh ... f-1384041/

Can't believe it was so long ago, to be honest. Time flies.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1521 posts
3565 upvotes
TaurusJudge wrote: Not to mention the fact that the PM barred the guy. This is why logical people don't jump on outrage bandwagons, instead mocking those who do. It's just food. Most of the people who claim they're protesting a food/service are almost always never customers to begin with.
"It's just food"
I guess you can simply not care. You have that choice. Some people refuse to buy tuna unless it's ethically sourced. I do my best to buy local chicken that isn't raised in hellish conditions.
Again, we all have our limits to 'caring' but saying that people who don't care are "logical" is total bull.
I refuse to eat tortured animals. That's pretty logical.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
zatoitche wrote: Papa Jones was the face of the company Papa Jones; If the company was called something else it might not have had such an impact.
Well good thing the pizza place is called Papa John's and not Papa Jones then ;)
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1054 upvotes
Guys come on, you're being too sensitive about the issue. Diesel-gate aside, It's like someone not buying a Volkswagen car because the company was founded by Nazis in 1937.

What some guy says has no bearing on the young teenagers slapping together my pizza at my local Papa John's, nor the franchisee who owns the joint.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
zatoitche wrote: Lots of respect to how you conduct your argument. I agree with you that there are many companies that we enjoy and support that are corrupt at the core, but there is a difference: Papa Jones was the face of the company Papa Jones; If the company was called something else it might not have had such an impact. For example, nobody can deny the talent of Kevin Spacey, but I am no longer able to sit down and watch any of his movies/shows. It is all in the PR ..... keep an eye on Elon Musk if you want to know how crazy that can get?
Fyi, John Schnatter was the public face of Papa John's

Papa John’s founder: I should be company’s public face again
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... face-again

papa_john_hill_twitter.jpg
May 24, 2012
255 posts
327 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
YLSF wrote: Well good thing the pizza place is called Papa John's and not Papa Jones then ;)
I am sooooo sorry, I usually throw stones at people that do such a mistake.... learned my lesson Disappointed But Relieved Face
Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l’esprit
Feb 18, 2014
513 posts
310 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: Guys come on, you're being too sensitive about the issue. Diesel-gate aside, It's like someone not buying a Volkswagen car because the company was founded by Nazis in 1937.

What some guy says has no bearing on the young teenagers slapping together my pizza at my local Papa John's, nor the franchisee who owns the joint.
Totally agree.

I never had Papa John's, I just make mine at home.

but

Pizza Nova, by far, has the best tasting pizza.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
After reading all of the comments in this thread, there is really only one real question left...

Does Kevin Spacey eat Papa John's Pizza?????

Mar 9, 2013
120 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
I have read the comments in this post about the CEO and it's honestly a bit sad to see how people view the Papa John's brand after what the CEO. I have a friend who works at a store and I just want to say that most of the locations, if not all, are owned and operated independently. I don't see why the people who do a great job at each individual store should suffer from customers not wanting to order because someone in management (CEO) said something wrong. I mean, the brand removed him and indicated to the public that they don't support this type of behavior so I am shocked to see why people still hesitant to order their pizzas. I have worked at Domino's before and Papa John's pizza tastes a lot better, from their dough to sauce to the toppings.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)