Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Paradigm

Paradigm A2 Active Speaker (single) $150 - GTA Mississauga from Paradigm/Anthem factory

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2019 1:01 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough

Paradigm A2 Active Speaker (single) $150 - GTA Mississauga from Paradigm/Anthem factory

Price:
Savings:
58%
Retailer:
Paradigm
I was repairing my Anthem amp, and noticed that the factory at 205 Annagem Boulevard (Mississauga) is selling the well reviewed Paradigm Shift a2 speaker for $150 plus tax/environmental fee. These do not require a receiver as they have an internal amplifier.

They play loud and proud. A pair will cost you 300 for either white, black matte, or grey (kinda gunmetal). They have over 50 of them, possibly more. Since nobody knows that Back door exists, thought I’d share.

Andrew Robinson reviewed these, surprisingly high. Regular price is over 350 each.
https://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm- ... -reviewed/

They also had the shift soundtrack 2 sound bar and sub system for $400, regular msrp $999.
78 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1753 posts
566 upvotes
Do they sell anything else from the warehouse?

TIA
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10539 posts
4139 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like powered version of the Paradigm Atom v7s
Feb 21, 2011
29 posts
23 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: I was repairing my Anthem amp, and noticed that the factory at 205 Annagem Boulevard (Mississauga) is selling the well reviewed Paradigm Shift a2 speaker for $150 plus tax/environmental fee. These do not require a receiver as they have an internal amplifier.

They play loud and proud. A pair will cost you 300 for either white, black matte, or grey (kinda gunmetal). They have over 50 of them, possibly more. Since nobody knows that Back door exists, thought I’d share.

Andrew Robinson reviewed these, surprisingly high. Regular price is over 350 each.
https://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm- ... -reviewed/

They also had the shift soundtrack 2 sound bar and sub system for $400, regular msrp $999.
I guess it is as simple as walking to the main office and asking about these?
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10166 posts
5556 upvotes
Toronto
Never been there, is it a storefront or what exactly?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1721 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
I use a pair of Paradigm Shift A2 for my computer, they work great. Ever so slight hiss to them when on with no audio coming out, but they self power off after 10 minutes of inactivity which means they are mostly off when I have no audio in use.

They play anything well, good amount of bass when turned up. Went from a 5.1 Logitech z5500 system to these and am more than satisfied.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
No storefront at all, just an inconspicuous back door (well, side door) with no label haha

They only had the 50 something shift speakers and a bunch of soundbar sub sets. It’s a repair facility and their actual factory.
Last edited by skinnydoggy on Jan 16th, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
lilchupacabra wrote: all sold out of the Paradigm A2 speakers?
They had lots. Over 50, probably more. They told me they were not marketed properly. It’s a shame... very versatile and an actual Canadian company Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Edited my previous post, I can see how it could have been misinterpreted
Last edited by skinnydoggy on Jan 16th, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 15, 2012
186 posts
70 upvotes
BRANTFORD
its sounds like a steal? its hard to get cheap electronics in canada lol
May 15, 2012
186 posts
70 upvotes
BRANTFORD
how would the Paradigm Shift A2 stack up against the edifier r2000db?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
lilchupacabra wrote: how would the Paradigm Shift A2 stack up against the edifier r2000db?
I would say these would put them back in their respective boxes Winking Face but I have not heard them
Jan 13, 2017
477 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder if they sell any Martin Logan products out of this factory?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
rendered22 wrote: Wonder if they sell any Martin Logan products out of this factory?
Very limited offerings. I asked. Nothing Anthem, nothing Martin Logan... imagine trying to power those electrostatic beasts lol dual 1000w mono blocks and a separate power grid for your mansion
Jan 13, 2017
477 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
skinnydoggy wrote: Very limited offerings. I asked. Nothing Anthem, nothing Martin Logan... imagine trying to power those electrostatic beasts lol dual 1000w mono blocks and a separate power grid for your mansion

That pretty much describes my current main 2 channel setup. Lol still working on the mansion and my own dedicated power grid though. Lol

The entire house is filled with various Martin Logan, Elac, Anthem McIntosh, Marantz, Classe, and vintage Luxman and Boston Acoustics gear.

That would have been epic if they sold Anthem and Martin Logan ESLs out of this same location.

The old Boston Acoustic/Denon/Marantz warehouse sales were beautiful.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5865 posts
1594 upvotes
IIRC, I was told by a dealer quite a while back (at least 5 years) that Paradigm has shifted a lot of their manufacturing to China... esp their lower end spectrums.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
TruE SkiLLS wrote: IIRC, I was told by a dealer quite a while back (at least 5 years) that Paradigm has shifted a lot of their manufacturing to China... esp their lower end spectrums.
They all have.
Jan 21, 2012
186 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Probably a dumb question but can I add an external subwoofer to these without a receiver?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2955 posts
2491 upvotes
Scarborough
icesticles wrote: Probably a dumb question but can I add an external subwoofer to these without a receiver?
Yes you can

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)