• Mar 9th, 2017 5:33 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 4, 2015
20 posts
Brampton

Paramedic Program 2015

Anyone looking to get into paramedicine? I just recently got in at a college, but not to sure about accepting the offer just yet. Looking for more information regarding the program, employment outlook, etc. Anyone also in the same boat?
7 replies
Oct 25, 2011
9 posts
TORONTO
What college did you get accepted into?? I'm currently in my second semester at Humber and i love it. It definitely takes discipline and hard work to stay on top of school work. There are times when you won't have a social life because you're spending all your free time practicing scenarios. But if you can handle stress and are good at balancing work and play then it's definitely a rewarding career. If you have any other questions let me know.
Feb 8, 2015
5 posts
Brampton, ON
Hi howimetyourmom,

I just got accepted for sept 2015 into the paramedic program and I have never been so excited. I have a million questions... did you go straight from school (highschool or post secondary) into the program or did you go back after working another job? If so, how was the transition? How difficult did you find first year and what advice would you give to anyone entering their first year? Anything I can do ahead of time so I can keep up?

Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
2892 posts
246 upvotes
SameerB652 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2015 11:27 pm
Anyone looking to get into paramedicine? I just recently got in at a college, but not to sure about accepting the offer just yet. Looking for more information regarding the program, employment outlook, etc. Anyone also in the same boat?
Weren't you going to become a denturist???

It seems strange that you would drop out of medicine (according to you, of course) to pursue a career in para, no?
The best way to become ordinary is to follow the advice of ordinary people.
Unless you've actually tried something, your comments are virtually meaningless.
Condemnation before investigation is the highest form of ignorance
[OP]
Mar 4, 2015
20 posts
Brampton
Sibica wrote:
Apr 11th, 2015 10:00 pm
Weren't you going to become a denturist???

It seems strange that you would drop out of medicine (according to you, of course) to pursue a career in para, no?
Like I told you before in the other thread, I don't need to prove anything to you, or help satisfy your mind with things you find "strange". You revived a month old thread to bring up something off topic and irrelevant. If you have nothing to contribute regarding the thread, don't.
Oct 25, 2011
9 posts
TORONTO
kamsingh25 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2015 12:07 am
Hi howimetyourmom,

I just got accepted for sept 2015 into the paramedic program and I have never been so excited. I have a million questions... did you go straight from school (highschool or post secondary) into the program or did you go back after working another job? If so, how was the transition? How difficult did you find first year and what advice would you give to anyone entering their first year? Anything I can do ahead of time so I can keep up?

Thanks in advance!
Hey sorry for the late reply. I didn't even notice. :( I graduated from uoft with human bio degree. The first semester is pretty easy. with that being said though, alot of people got cocky or overly confident and failed out the program. I definitely suggest over the summer that you work out and go over some physiology. If you have a science background, then this stuff with come easier.
Feb 7, 2004
383 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
For those wanting or already going through the program; just remember as tough as school seems, it is just the first step (and probably easiest) on the long road to getting hired. Be disciplined, study hard, practice scenarios, get to the gym. Your two short years of hard work will pay off quick when you land a job.
Mar 5, 2017
4 posts
Hi, Interested in getting into the paramedic program at Humber.

Have signed up for the test in a months time.

Any advice on what I should focus on when studying for the test .

Is it really difficult ?

Thanks
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel