• Jan 22nd, 2018 7:00 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts
59 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 8:12 am
My wife sleeps 8-9 hours per night now. Before ours reached six months, sleep was scarce and we'd nap whenever possible.

Rock 'em to sleep if you absolutely need a consistent routine. Honestly, we rock ours to sleep because we need them to all sleep at the same time. Warm milk usually helps 'em fall asleep. If it were a singleton, we'd probably let 'em nap whenever the kid wants to nap, then power-nap at the same time. With multiples, if you let them nap whenever, parents will never get the chance to nap.
Very true. We tried rocking him the last few days and he squirms - it's quite funny. I think he just wants the breast or the bed. Will keep trying.
May 8, 2009
6505 posts
2752 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Jakinthe wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:04 pm
Very true. We tried rocking him the last few days and he squirms - it's quite funny. I think he just wants the breast or the bed. Will keep trying.
Do what you gotta do. They can squirm all they want when being rocked, they eventually fall asleep (can take a while though).
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
[OP]
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts
59 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 3:26 pm
Do what you gotta do. They can squirm all they want when being rocked, they eventually fall asleep (can take a while though).
I tried this and it worked for one of his naps! Thanks @titaniumtux
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jan 13th, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed tag
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16470 posts
2128 upvotes
Jakinthe wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 6:46 pm
Hi, we have two children. The older was a breeze at sleeping. But the younger one who is now 6 and 1/2 months old is much more "dynamic". My question is related to sleeping through the night, and night feedings. My wife is very sleep deprived and is getting depressed.

You have to make sure you keep a routine - each and every day, same time for sleep, no exceptions or that's when the problems happen.

Also, as for day time sleep, try to keep the naps at a standard time, ideally early/mid-afternoon so they'll be tired for the evening.

Also don't over exhaust your child ... that can also cause sleep issues, they maybe too wound up to sleep at night. So by 7 or 8PM, time to slow it down with the younger one so they get into a nice sleep routine.

But yeah. don't expect your child to sleep consistently well ... things change, like new teeth, cold, etc. that maybe causing them not to sleep well.
Last edited by coolspot on Jan 19th, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts
59 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 5:10 pm
You have to make sure you keep a routine - each and every day, same time for sleep, no exceptions or that's when the problems happen.

Also, as for day time sleep, try to keep the names at a standard time, ideally early/mid-afternoon so they'll be tired for the evening.

Also don't over exhaust your child ... that can also cause sleep issues, they maybe too wound up to sleep at night. So by 7 or 8PM, time to slow it down with the younger one so they get into a nice sleep routine.

But yeah. don't expect your child to sleep consistently well ... things change, like new teeth, cold, etc. that maybe causing them not to sleep well.
Thank you. I read that for 6-7 month olds, it's not the time I should fixate, but waking hours. For example, every 2-3 hours put down for a nap.

I have heard if they go for more than 3 hours they are overtired.

That said! baby IS extremely overtired. He will go down for a nap (kicking and screaming or sometimes not) and then "jump up" after 20-35 minutes and look for us/cry until we pick him up. Then he spends the day acting hyper and laughing like a camel (it hurts me because I know he is just tired).

May I ask what your routine was at around 7 months?

J/
Mar 24, 2015
746 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
My son used to wake up after about 45 mins into the nap so something I did was to go in his room at around 40 mins and wait until I saw him moving like he was about to wake up, then I would immediately rub his back, pat his bum and do "shhh" to make him fall asleep again. Then he would sleep for another hour. I did that for about a week until he stopped waking up at 45mins and his nap lasted longer.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/napping-2129591/
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16470 posts
2128 upvotes
Jakinthe wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 5:44 pm
May I ask what your routine was at around 7 months?
Wake up around 8AM / 9AM
Nap from 1PM to 4PM
Bedtime routine starts at 8PM - change diaper, shower, bottle (I think we still fed him at 7mos, can't remember), etc.
Bedtime from 8:30PM

Seemed to work OK for us.
[OP]
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
321 posts
59 upvotes
Thanks ckay and coolspot.

ckay - I tried the rubbing thing - but he sleeps on back so I rubbed chest. Result: eyes wide looking at me. Will try again lol

J/