Price:
$109
Savings:
20%
Expiry:
December 31, 2017
Retailer:
Parks Canada
Order a Discovery Pass for 2018 before December 31, 2017 and receive 20%.
Family/Group $109
Adult $67.70
Senior $57.90

Youth under 17 years older is now free

Pass expiry date is Jan 31, 2019

Discount available online and Parks Canada pass offices.
15 replies
Nov 19, 2005
828 posts
105 upvotes
got the free one last year and didnt use it even once, not going again lol
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1021 posts
424 upvotes
EDMONTON
got free one last year and only used it once so it'll be cheaper to pay for single use than an annual pass
Dec 27, 2011
50 posts
10 upvotes
Awesome. I will buy one. Great deal needed one anyways for the new year.
Dec 8, 2012
422 posts
139 upvotes
Calgary
How come you guys used it once or even never? What do you do with you free time?
OP, thank you!
Sep 8, 2006
392 posts
150 upvotes
Edmonton
Dennisrfd wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:41 am
How come you guys used it once or even never? What do you do with you free time?
OP, thank you!
National parks that I am familiar with are not close to cities so a visit typically requires an overnight stay at the park. With everyone having free access, hotels were full and expensive plus the parks had too many people in them. Enjoyment of the park decreased as a result so people that used to goto the park normally most likely went less.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1938 posts
1020 upvotes
Simby wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:06 am
National parks that I am familiar with are not close to cities so a visit typically requires an overnight stay at the park. With everyone having free access, hotels were full and expensive plus the parks had too many people in them. Enjoyment of the park decreased as a result so people that used to goto the park normally most likely went less.
The 2017 Canada 150 Parks Canada Pass was good for a lot more than just National Parks... It was also good for admission to National Historic Sites.

That said, like the others we certainly did not use our FREE Pass as much as we should have,.. seems we just got bogged down with other stuff during the summer months (and the weather was crappy in Eastern Ontario... with fewer warm & sunny days we did not make as many road trips in 2017 as in past years)
Aug 27, 2012
202 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary
I guess it depends on where you live but living in Calgary and being 1,5-3 hours away from 4-5 major national parks makes having this an absolute must for me. Glad I can save 20% over it as I would be buying it anyways. Thanks for posting.
Sep 8, 2006
392 posts
150 upvotes
Edmonton
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:16 am
The 2017 Canada 150 Parks Canada Pass was good for a lot more than just National Parks... It was also good for admission to National Historic Sites.
Just took a look at Alberta national historic sites and I would say most of the ones that are of interest are located in national parks or located within a city (some require additional fees to get in). The other sites are of minimal interest to most people (maybe you drop by for a 5 minute picture if it's along the way of a trip but you're not going to make much effort to get there).
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1435 posts
460 upvotes
Ontario
Dennisrfd wrote:
OP, thank you!
I too got a pass and never used it once. What a big bureaucratic waste when instead of going through the process (no doubt lots of people hired for this) of getting one and then paying to produce and mail a high quality colour pass they could have just let people with Canadian ID in for free.
Apr 19, 2016
12 posts
16 upvotes
It's just greed, say something it's free and doesn't matter what it is people will want it. My friend got 3 family passes free, one for his family, one for his mom, one for his in-law, I ask him why, there's only the five of you in 3 households, one pass is enough. and he said, "it's free!"
Greed! It's human.
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:16 am

That said, like the others we certainly did not use our FREE Pass as much as we should have,.. seems we just got bogged down with other stuff during the summer months (and the weather was crappy in Eastern Ontario... with fewer warm & sunny days we did not make as many road trips in 2017 as in past years)
Sep 30, 2015
139 posts
42 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Dennisrfd wrote:
OP, thank you!
What a stupid post.
I didn't use mine either.

I went to Algonquin Park multiple times but that's a provincial park and has a completely different pass. I would love to see the Ontario parks pass go on sale.
Feb 3, 2012
32 posts
37 upvotes
dont even talk about quebec.. parcs are almost all owned by SEPAQ... so not valid
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1112 posts
375 upvotes
Laval
bilaliz wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 12:38 am
got the free one last year and didnt use it even once, not going again lol
Same haha
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1037 posts
211 upvotes
I was expecting more complaints of the price was free last year, the price went up way too much, I'm not paying that, wahh wahh wahhh